automatic system for plough

abhimanyu143

Joined Aug 25, 2014
Hello
I need some ideas, I just want to reduce the work of farmer. automatic system can reduce the load of farmer
look the link
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plough

A plough or plow is a tool or machine used in farming for initial cultivation of soil in preparation for sowing seed or planting to loosen or turn the soil. The primary purpose of ploughing is to turn over the upper layer of the soil, bringing fresh nutrients to the surface
can we make automatic system for plough ? if yes then need Idea how to implement the system ?

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
Hello
I need some ideas, I just want to reduce the work of farmer. automatic system can reduce the load of farmer
look the link
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plough

A plough or plow is a tool or machine used in farming for initial cultivation of soil in preparation for sowing seed or planting to loosen or turn the soil. The primary purpose of ploughing is to turn over the upper layer of the soil, bringing fresh nutrients to the surface
can we make automatic system for plough ? if yes then need Idea how to implement the system ?
What do you plan to "automate"?

As shortbus has stated modern plows use tractors fitted with GPS.. Those are typically in the $125,000-$200,000 USD range new for a "medium" size farm..
A tractor without GPS for a small farm could run you $25,000-$50,000

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
Today's farmers can download a satellite image to the tractor computer. With this information....the tractor can grade the field. Then apply fertilizer and pesticides to only the area of field required.

Very efficient. Large fields can be established, monitored and maintained quickly now.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
That's point I don't understand how to automate tractor is mechanical device how we can assemble electronics circuit ?

You spend at least four years in engineering school and then work another couple of years in the agricultural industry that deals with farming automation.

If you want to do this on a small scale to see how it could be done then there are tons of projects out there for automating model cars.

Modern farming is extremely complex. You are not going to learn through a few posts on an electronics forum.

Last edited:

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
That's point I don't understand how to automate tractor is mechanical device how we can assemble electronics circuit ?
The electronics drive motors or other actuators attached to the steering linkages and throttle control of the tractor to guide it all over the farm..
Just like how cars can parallel park themselves now..

One would create an entire system of hardware and software that takes the GPS signal and programmed farming area and an algorithm in the software guides the tractor around the farming area.

abhimanyu143

Joined Aug 25, 2014
One would create an entire system of hardware and software that takes the GPS signal and programmed farming area and an algorithm in the software guides the tractor around the farming area.
can you tell me , how it is possible, what I have to do ?

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
And farmers use farm more equipment than just a plow. To be successful you would need to familiarize yourself with all of the details of each piece of equipment. How they operate and where and when they are used.

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
What is your budget for this? If you really are going to automate a tractor (rather than just do a theoretical study) the cost for industrial-grade actuators/servos, GPS etc is likely to be hundreds of dollars (at least!).

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
can you tell me , how it is possible, what I have to do ?
Do you really think someone is going to give you step by step instructions on how to build a system like that?
Are you aware that the design and construction of a system like that would take hundreds and hundreds of Engineering time and thousands and thousands of dollars to build and prototype?

You were told the basics.. If thats something you are still interested in I suggest going to school for both Mechanical and Electrical Engineering.
At this time you do NOT have the knowledge or skills to accomplish your needs and no one is going to waste their time even attempting to continue this conversation.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
I apologize but your avatar has it all wrong. Just because you have a life does not mean that you get to write the rules. Physics, engineering and feasible & cost-effective designs have their own rules that you must learn, work around and manipulate into a workable solution.

If you really want the "my life, my rules" lifestyle, then you need to do art instead of science and engineering.

upload_2016-1-19_15-11-33.png