automatic servo controller using 555 chip?

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
RC servos typically require (as ronv and others have stated) a pulse ranging from 1 to 2 milliseconds. Plus, in a normal analog RC Servo, it must be repeated approximately every 20 milliseconds. The pulse amplitude typically does not have any effect on position. This has been the source of my confusion in this thread.

Bernard

Joined Aug 7, 2008
Breadboard tested sweeping servo control: [ or a pot nightmare ]
Start with all pots to highest resistance, adj R3 for 1 ms output at U2-3, when pulse is at its shortest. Adj R5 for a pulse that varies by 1 ms. Adj R6 to shift pulse to vary from 1 ms to 2 ms. All pot settings interact. If U2-5 swings too low while setting, it may shut down untill R6 is adjusted.
Try to keep R5 as high as possible.

Attachments

eSwYeL

Joined Jul 20, 2015
Hi Mr.Bernard, can you tell me how to control the speed of my servo so that it sweeps smoothly from left to right and back. Im using the schematics below which i found on the internet but the sweeping speed is too fast. It would be nice to be able to control the sweeping speed. Tq...

Attachments

eSwYeL

Joined Jul 20, 2015
Breadboard tested sweeping servo control: [ or a pot nightmare ]
Start with all pots to highest resistance, adj R3 for 1 ms output at U2-3, when pulse is at its shortest. Adj R5 for a pulse that varies by 1 ms. Adj R6 to shift pulse to vary from 1 ms to 2 ms. All pot settings interact. If U2-5 swings too low while setting, it may shut down untill R6 is adjusted.
Try to keep R5 as high as possible.
Hi Mr.Bernard....

eSwYeL

Joined Jul 20, 2015
Try increasing C1.
Hi, Mr.Bernard, tq for the reply. I already tried increasing C1 and it only delay the sweeping motion to around 3 second but the sweeping speed is still the same, 1 second movement from left to right and 1 second movement from right to left.

With C1 unchanged, the servo will sweep continously from left to right and from right to left.

With C1 increased, the servo will sweep to the left and pause for 3 second and back to the right and pause 3 second.

What i would like it to do is to sweep slowly from left to right and pause and sweep slowly to the right and pause just tike an oscillating fan but can figure out how to do it.... Tq for your kind assistance..