General Feedback Automatic embedding of media

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I just discovered something I didn't expect. I posted two links to Youtube videos. I wanted to embed one so that the keyframe would display, but wanted the naked link for the other one.

My surprise was that I could not do that. Both links automatically turned into the embedded format no matter how they were entered. I tried in a separate post to provide the naked link and it also automatically converted it to embedded media.

This is a nice convenience most of the time but it's annoying when you don't want the media embedded.

Is there a setting I can change somewhere, or a trick I can use?

I just discovered something I didn't expect. I posted two links to Youtube videos. I wanted to embed one so that the keyframe would display, but wanted the naked link for the other one.

My surprise was that I could not do that. Both links automatically turned into the embedded format no matter how they were entered. I tried in a separate post to provide the naked link and it also automatically converted it to embedded media.

This is a nice convenience most of the time but it's annoying when you don't want the media embedded.

Is there a setting I can change somewhere, or a trick I can use?
Naked link gets embedded automatically now,didn't used to.

Text with link included

edited to add:
link.jpg
Don't know any other tricks.

Last edited: