Autoclicking Mouse (physical)

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Does your username on the system have full permissions? I'm just trying to understand why they would allow one evil but not the other..
If there are good infosec practices there they won’t permit unvetted software to be installed on enterprise systems. If they do allow it they have to vet it, and commit to security related updates and version maintenance.

it seems simple to just install a piece of software but properly supported software requires a lot of work beyond the installation and using it.

Hardware is a different thing since it doesn’t execute programs but my suggestion might be denied because in theory it could do bad things.

k1ng 1337

Joined Sep 11, 2020
If there are good infosec practices there they won’t permit unvetted software to be installed on enterprise systems. If they do allow it they have to vet it, and commit to security related updates and version maintenance.

it seems simple to just install a piece of software but properly supported software requires a lot of work beyond the installation and using it.

Hardware is a different thing since it doesn’t execute programs but my suggestion might be denied because in theory it could do bad things.
I get the feeling TS isn't allowed to do either option. I made my comment because it seems a hardware solution would require just as much scrutiny as a software solution. Since one solution could steal information while the other could burn the office down, I would think they are in the sameish boat.

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
I get the feeling TS isn't allowed to do either option. I made my comment because it seems a hardware solution would require just as much scrutiny as a software solution. Since one solution could steal information while the other could burn the office down, I would think they are in the sameish boat.
The infosec people don’t have a fire prevention role. I am not being flippant, they aren’t going to consider things from that perspective. Even if they did, low voltage circuits aren’t likely to raise red flags.

k1ng 1337

Joined Sep 11, 2020
The infosec people don’t have a fire prevention role. I am not being flippant, they aren’t going to consider things from that perspective. Even if they did, low voltage circuits aren’t likely to raise red flags.
I was thinking more along the lines of side channel attacks, perhaps this is what you were referring to with "bad things"? Anyway I'll leave it there.

Last edited: