Australia is crazy, Covid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

xox

Joined Sep 8, 2017
So sad to see Australia falling apart like this.

Why they chose to go with such Wuhan-styled strict lockdown measures is anyone's guess. Then again considering how much of the real estate there is owned by foreign nationals I suppose that isn't too surprising either...

xox

Joined Sep 8, 2017
That may very well be true but in this case people in Australia have been dealing with what appears to be a Beijing-inspired approach to public health for well over a year now.

Moreover debate has been practically forbidden under the circumstances to the point that the actual evidence for the efficacy of certain drugs such as Ivermectin are simply being ignored. As a result General practitioners there aren't even allowed to prescribe a Nobel-Prize-winning medicine anymore.

Screenshot from 2021-09-20 09-26-10.png

Nevermind that it has LONG since been proven to be safe. DECADES of data collection and analysis have shown just that. Ivermectin works! And when it doesn't adverse effects are still quite rare (provided of course that a sane dosing schedule is adopted).

Screenshot from 2021-09-20 09-17-04.png

Screenshot from 2021-09-20 09-17-08.png

Screenshot from 2021-09-20 09-17-11.png
Screenshot from 2021-09-20 09-17-13.png

It's also cheap and easily manufactured so shortages are fortunately not very likely. And yet according to the current guidelines there is a shortage!

Screenshot from 2021-09-20 09-22-44.png

Just goes to show. People who claim to care about the topic but then turn right around and refuse to discuss the facts are almost certainly NOT looking out for your best interest. One can only guess their motives but in any case it's a red flag that you are not dealing with a REASONABLE person.

Attachments

click_here

Joined Sep 22, 2020
That may very well be true but in this case people in Australia have been dealing with what appears to be a Beijing-inspired approach to public health for well over a year now
Australia implemented hard lockdowns because it worked so well for NZ.

NZ's current lockdown seems to be working well at bringing the delta numbers down.
sketch-1632175588684.png

Lots of countries used a lockdown to get the virus numbers under control.

Ivermectin works!
In Australia we have a pharmaceutical benefits scheme (PBS) where the government subsidies the costs of different medicines.

Ivermectin is also on that list. https://m.pbs.gov.au/search.html?term=IVERMECTIN&analyse=false

Because it's on the PBS it needs a high level of scientific evidence that it is effective.

Currently the use of Ivermectin for covid 19 is only recommended for randomised trials.

Here is a great review written on 17/8/2021, by Liam Mannix
https://www.smh.com.au/national/exa...ding-scientific-evidence-20210817-p58jd0.html

I encourage you to comb through the references to better understand where Australia's position comes from w.r.t Ivermectin :)

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/covid...nz-get-vaccinated/SKZ2KBPVFMF6LPFPWC5XBOBH7M/
Don't worry about the extremists
Advertisers don't waste time on those who will never be persuaded. There's no point in advertising KFC to vegans. Anyone who thinks that Covid is a conspiracy of alien lizards hell-bent on human destruction is unlikely to be swayed by rational argument. Save your breath for where it can make a difference.
The long tail of a continuing level number of cases in NZ is a case study to how contagious delta is. Their lockdown should have reduced the reproduction rate to far below 1 but it's still generating cases at a level that could easily cause another breakout so Auckland will stay at level 3 for at least two weeks.
https://www.health.govt.nz/our-work...19-data-and-statistics/covid-19-current-cases
1632179502465.png

click_here

Joined Sep 22, 2020
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/covid...nz-get-vaccinated/SKZ2KBPVFMF6LPFPWC5XBOBH7M/

The long tail of a continuing level number of cases in NZ is a case study to how contagious delta is. Their lockdown should have reduced the reproduction rate to far below 1 but it's still generating cases at a level that could easily cause another breakout so Auckland will stay at level 3 for at least two weeks.
https://www.health.govt.nz/our-work...19-data-and-statistics/covid-19-current-cases
View attachment 248471
Not being from NZ myself I think that it would be silly for me to comment on their internal affairs.

I certainly *cringe* when I see people from the USA assuming that they understand what is happening in Australia by superimposing USA held values into what is happening in Australia.

Perhaps someone who is actually from NZ can offer comment on how they feel it is going.

But from an outsiders point of view I believe that NZ have done an excellent job at not letting their numbers go up.

90% is an ambitious number and I really hope that they get there, and then I hope that Australia follows after!

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
Not being from NZ myself I think that it would be silly for me to comment on their internal affairs.

I certainly *cringe* when I see people from the USA assuming that they understand what is happening in Australia by superimposing USA held values into what is happening in Australia.

Perhaps someone who is actually from NZ can offer comment on how they feel it is going.

But from an outsiders point of view I believe that NZ have done an excellent job at not letting their numbers go up.

90% is an ambitious number and I really hope that they get there, and then I hope that Australia follows after!
I certainly see people superimposing their held values on the US from afar so turnabout is fair play.
I agree they have done an excellent job until now but that's not the point. It's not NZ internal politics that will dictate the NZ end-game for the pandemic. It's the virus and the virus just will not care about our feelings or affairs.

click_here

Joined Sep 22, 2020
I certainly see people superimposing their held values on the US from afar so turnabout is fair play.
Two wrongs don't make a right.

I can very quickly tell you things that I think are wrong with the USA, but I'm not going to do that. I would be superimposing my own culture and beliefs on top of yours.

It's not NZ internal politics that will dictate the NZ end-game for the pandemic. It's the virus and the virus just will not care about our feelings or affairs.
Agreed, it does not care about feelings and will do what it does to keep on living.

It does rely on a host to spread, so a little lockdown mentality will slow the spread while vaccination rates start to rise.

Do the people of NZ mind being in lockdown? I can't say.

I can say that although I know that there *are* people in Melbourne who want to open back up fully (tomorrow), but I've never met one.

Let's hope that NZ hit that 90% target :)

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-pacific-58638752
New Zealand Covid: Men caught smuggling KFC into lockdown-hit Auckland
NZ police have made a bizarre arrest after a pair of alleged gang associates were caught trying to enter Auckland with a boot full of KFC chicken and tens of thousands of dollars.
The men were charged with breaching the country's tough Covid-19 rules.
Under Auckland's strict Level 4 lockdown, all restaurants, including take-away services, remain closed.
Police said the men, aged 23 and 30, had travelled from Hamilton, about 75 miles south of Auckland.
A police spokesperson told the BBC that officers made the arrest after they noticed a suspicious looking vehicle travelling on a gravel road on the outskirts of the city.
1632234361240.png
The men are not the first New Zealanders whose fast-food cravings have landed them in trouble with authorities. Last week a 20-year-old man was charged after he posted a video on Tiktok showing him leaving Auckland and purchasing a large amount of food from McDonalds.

Auckland will move to a Level 3 lockdown from midnight on Tuesday. However, freedoms will still be severely limited, with residents confined to their homes unless they are attending school, work or shopping.
This is the NZ I know and love.

Last edited:

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-...fter-anti-vaccine-mandate-protest-2021-09-20/
SYDNEY/MELBOURNE, Sept 21 (Reuters) - Police in Melbourne fired pepper balls and rubber pellets on Tuesday to disperse about 2,000 protesters who defied stay-at- home orders to damage property, block a busy freeway and injure three officers, leading to more than 60 arrests.

It was the second day of demonstrations in the locked-down Australian city after authorities shut construction sites for two weeks, saying workers' frequent movement was spreading the coronavirus.

During eight hours of downtown protests, demonstrators threw rocks, bottles and flares at police, as television and social media showed video of marchers chanting and attacking police cars, surrounded by mounted police and officers in riot gear.

"This was a very, very large and very, very angry group," Shane Patton, police commissioner in the southeastern state of Victoria, told reporters, adding that the protest breached COVID-19 lockdown rules.
1632244167947.png

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
This is a local report on the same story.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/v...-rallies/b6f176fa-3dd8-4d4a-bfcc-2ffd0da93b92

Just as a clarification: It wasn't an anti-lockdown protest, it was a protest against mandatory vaccinations for the construction industry.
So now it's:
"I'm not going to call it protests because it is not a protest. This is a mob acting criminally."
"They're not there to protests, they're there for a fight, they are there to pretend to be protesting," he said.
Victoria's Police Minister Lisa Neville this morning described the protesters violently storming through Melbourne CBD as "thugs".
and then, something sends a message. :eek:

You're not supposed to use the US designed earthquake weapon for domestic protests.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.