Audio Tone Control Circuit (ATC):

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
I copied this circuit from one of the AAC tutorial pages. Actually it's a test page. Unfortunately they give no values for the resistors and capacitors.

Here's what I'm after: I have a pre-amplified audio source driving an op amp. The problem I've encountered is that my source is heavy on the base frequency and wanted to attenuate the base. At first I figured I would simply use a blocking capacitor (value to be determined by trial and error). However, while trying to learn a little more about the subject I stumbled across the image I've posted below.

Keep in mind this is a pre-amplified audio source; I'm looking for ballpark resistor and capacitor values as well as the pots. I would really appreciate any pointers OR if you can help me figure out the values for myself. Teach a man to fish (as they say).

audio tone control.png

Last edited:

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
@Blocco: Thank you. I'm going to give this a try this evening.

@AnalogKid: For grammar correction, thank you I do. Thinking, I was not. Use the force, next time will I.

recklessrog

Joined May 23, 2013
If you Google "baxandall tone control" there are plenty of circuits with component values.
This design has been used for years in many audio amps and gives a good level of boost/cut for both treble and bass frequencies.
Also look for audio high pass filter if you only want to roll off the bass.

Last edited: