Changing/Setting the Pairing Tone on an OVC3860 from a Beep to an Audio File

Brandon Barreto

Joined Dec 5, 2017
In my current project I am making a bluetooth speaker, but I do not want those annoying on/off tones for this specific project. I am new to this type of purchased a bluetooth 2.0 OVC3860. I am trying to find out if it has a set pairing tone or do I set it via arduino or...? I cant seem to find anything on this. So far I am going to attempt to connect the device's tx pin to the arduino and have it play one audio file via sd card when the device turns on and another audio file for when it pairs. If there is a set pairing tone is there a way to change it? Kind of how some market bluetooth/ amplifier 2-in-1 boards have either a beep or a weird voice upon powering on or post pairing. The only topics related to this, is a forum asking how to change the tone from a bluetooth/amp 2-in-1 board such as the
KNACRO 3W+3W Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 Audio Receiver Steady Digital Amplifier Board
to which he was told that those boards can't be changed in that manner. So I bought the OVC3860 in hopes that I can either change it existing tone or give it a little something more personal. Thanks for the help.