Assistance requested translating logograms (in component markings).

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
Kind friends:

I've recently acquired a large number of rectifiers identified via the logograms imaged below --
Inasmuch as translation Apps don't appear to feature character recognition (Spec. 'image to character' converter functionality for logogram alphabets) -- I'm a bit 'stuck':(

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated!!!:):):)

Best regards
HP

logograms.jpg

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Kind friends:

I've recently acquired a large number of rectifiers identified via the logograms imaged below --
Inasmuch as translation Apps don't appear to feature character recognition (Spec. 'image to character' converter functionality for logogram alphabets) -- I'm a bit 'stuck':(

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated!!!:):):)

Best regards
HP

View attachment 102374

Noted. This will be commemorated in years to come. It will be known as " The Day HP Was At A Loss For Words Day"
Or TDHPWAALFW Day.

Aleph(0)

Joined Mar 14, 2015
HP Are saying that that's all there is to translate? I thought you were going to post type no. so I waited:confused:

Anyhow IWHT you could read zh-cn well enough to tell pic you posted is basically saying _TYPE NUMBER AND QUANTITY_ Is it header on stock keeper ledger or invoice or like that? How can someone help you identify parts when you don't post type number:mad:! HP now I'm saying if you're drinking stop right now! If you're not then maybe time you should start:rolleyes:!

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
So the imaged text translates to: "Part number and quantity:" --- Many, many, many sincere thanks!!!:):):):):):):)

Is it header on stock keeper ledger or invoice or like that?
---Emphasis added---
The characters appear on the label of each package of 100 units --- So... Yes!:D

How can someone help you identify parts when you don't post type number:mad:!
My idea was that, perhaps, the characters represented the part number --- In point of fact the part number (and, indeed, quantity;)) is hand-written (all "down-home and American-like") immediately to the right of the logograms --- Thus I thought to 'seize upon' the (seeming) 'golden opportunity' to verify distributor vs. manufacturer concordance -- Well Hey! It was worth a try!:cool::D

Anyhow IWHT you could read zh-cn well enough to tell pic you posted is basically saying...
HP now I'm saying if you're drinking stop right now! If you're not then maybe time you should start:rolleyes:!
I'm so very pleased to see you haven't lost your charm, your debonair civility, that unique, measured, poise which lends a touch of otherworldly grace to your every utterance! [/industrial-strength sarcasm]

Oh! - What the hey! You came through!:cool: --- and, as we all know but fear to say: It's always the result that counts!:):):)

All the best
HP:)

Last edited:

Aleph(0)

Joined Mar 14, 2015
HP I can show you but discrete meanings are somewhat different from collective.

For nearest to context it’s like this

型 Model

号 Name

规 Scheme

格 Category

数 Designation

量 Quantity

So _ 型 号 规 格 数 量 _ “ is just header saying _Type number and quantity_

HP I’m sry about being rude in other post! Is just I think it’s funny that cosmopolitan world traveler like you has to ask for simple translation:p At lest vain pride is not problem for you:D

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
HP I’m sry about being rude in other post! Is just I think it’s funny that cosmopolitan world traveler like you has to ask for simple translation:p At lest vain pride is not problem for you:D
It is folly to insist upon learning/knowing everything about everything prior to participation in life! -- There is neither shame in requiring assistance nor cause for 'bashfulness' in requesting same!:):):)

All the best
HP:cool:

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
It is folly to insist upon learning/knowing everything about everything prior to participation in life! -- There is neither shame in requiring assistance nor cause for 'bashfulness' in requesting same!:):):)

All the best
HP:cool:
That's how I feel about people (faces and names). By the way, have you posted here before?

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
By the way, what ever happened with the vacuum tubes in the shipwreck?
Your guess is as good as mine!:eek: -- Seems we'll have to wait and see when we float it in June - All resources tell me the pressures involved should not be an issue - Ditto for 'shock fronts' so long as the hold is indeed dry (and the cargo thus 'buffered') -- Even so - obviation of disappointment precludes presumption:rolleyes:

Best regards

Aleph(0)

Joined Mar 14, 2015
Ditto for 'shock fronts' so long as the hold is indeed dry
HP do you mean just from concussions cuz of ice dynamics on surface? I say if tubes are just wet and not damaged from shock waves they'll be ok but you'll have to repot oil potted x-ray heads and like that to make sure cuz expansion diaphragms and housing seals aren't designed to expect reverse pressure. HP I know you say how ceramic tubes can't survive wet cuz porous but I say is not really a problem cuz they keep atmosphere out so airtight is also watertight:)!

Last edited:

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
HP do you mean just from concussions cuz of ice dynamics on surface? I say if tubes are just wet and not damaged from shock waves they'll be ok but you'll have to repot oil potted x-ray heads and like that to make sure cuz expansion diaphragms and housing seals aren't designed to expect reverse pressure. HP I know you say how ceramic tubes can't survive wet cuz porous but I say is not really a prolem cuz they keep atmosphere out so airtight is also watertight:)!
The ceramic used in vacuum tubes (typically something like 92% alumina") is full density and the voids expected from higher "purity" alumina are filled with lower melting point silica which forms glass at sintering temperatures. No worries. Check the Morgan Advanced Ceramics website for 92% alumina if interested.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
GopherT Tnx for explaining how ceramic can be airtight:)! Does that apply to Beo ceramic too cuz big tubes usually are?
OOH! BeO is the material of choice for high power and GHz applications - lossy dielectric (usually as BeO/SiC) provides absorption while also acting as an excellent heat transfer media (the best heat transfer media for a non-conductor except diamond and graphene).

The OOH is said because BeO is very slightly soluble in water (about 2ppm). It doesn't seem like much but once you have flowing water and lots of time, the effect is not predictable. It all depends on the turbulence, temperature and initial of BeO in the water. The concentration of other salts will also determine how aggressive the water is at bringing BeO into solution. NaCl, can significantly incresase the ionic strength of the solvent and, in some cases, speed the dissolution. Hopefully we are talking about Lake Superior or another inland source and not a salty body.

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
HP do you mean just from concussions cuz of ice dynamics on surface?
Correct -- FAIAP liquids transmit shock as effectively as rigid solids... (note: for these purposes, the term "shock" describes kinetic disturbances exhibiting propagation velocities exceeding that calculated for 'simple' vibration in the conducting medium [cip water])

HP I know you say how ceramic tubes can't survive wet cuz porous but I say is not really a problem cuz they keep atmosphere out so airtight is also watertight:)!
My concerns in this regard center about wetting/dissolution electrolyte components of the ceramic (with subsequent ionization and, hence, significant compromise of insulating properties -- unless absolutely dehydrated) -- And, to lesser extent, structural degradation owed the issues outlined by @GopherT (in post #16) -- Reassuringly, it seems, based upon @GopherT 's post, that exposure to fresh water may not be as problematic as I had feared? Perhaps the low water water temperature will 'slow things up' a bit as well - I'd like to think so!:)

you'll have to repot oil potted x-ray heads and like that to make sure cuz expansion diaphragms and housing seals aren't designed to expect reverse pressure.
Not an issue so long as the stators remain undamaged -- as you know, I generally re-pot Coolidge assemblies for my purposes (regardless)...

It's just funny to see cuz humility isn't your thing:p!
Neither are vanity and pride! -- Nor is it that I'm 'so 'virtuous' - 'tis merely that, even under the best circumstances, time is far too short to permit of such nonsense!:rolleyes::cool:

Best regards

Last edited: