Are there any YouTube Channels that teach Practical Electronics?

Electronic_Maniac

Joined Oct 26, 2017
Hi all,

Are there any Youtube channels that teach Electronic in a practical way , like starting from Interfacing Microcontroller to devices , to designing an FPGA..

If so, please tell me!

Thanks!

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Are there any Youtube channels that teach Electronic in a practical way
There's a lot of junk on YouTube. Some is just wrong. Some will bore you to death because they take forever to make their point.

I cringe whenever I see one by a Neanderthal (hairy) or a nail bitter.

Some of the "best" I've seen seem to be class lectures from East Indian instructors. But I've only looked at digital subjects.

It appears that many of these YouTube "experts" have figured out how to monitize YouTube and want your eyeballs as long as possible.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Some will bore you to death because they take forever to make their point.
There are a couple of videos on crimping Dupont connectors like that. It is not that complicated of a process but people will really drag it out.
I cringe whenever I see one by a Neanderthal (hairy) or a nail bitter.
Dirty nails are the worst. It is not someones fault if they have hairy fingers but they can certainly clean their nails.

Some of the "best" I've seen seem to be class lectures from East Indian instructors. But I've only looked at digital subjects.
The accents are often horrible and makes it tedious an an effort to listen. There are a set of Draftsight videos like that I am trying to muddle through. I don't think he is Indian but still difficult to listen. And he talks and moves do fast!

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
I can understand him just fine, but then, I worked with Indians for years.

Bob

As I have but I still have trouble. Then again I worked with two that could not understand one another's English, they did not speak the same native language. I could understand the both of them and they both could understand me so I had to translate English to English. ;)

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
I had lived overseas, in Germany, before going to college, so I was used to accents. In college, I often had to translate foreign students questions from English the prof could not understand to English that s/he could understand.

Bob

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
Actually i want to learn some EDA tools like Allegro, OrCAD schematics. Are there any full fledged free courses, anywhere on the internet. Youtube doesn't have a specific structured course.
Why don't you do your own search? Seriously, you waste time because you will end searching anyway.

Useless thread this.

Robin Mitchell

Joined Oct 25, 2009
I cant recommend Dave Jones for those who are new to electronics since he is far too advanced and does not go into the basics. I love the guy but I think he is more suited for seasoned engineers or at least those who are already designing their own projects and interested in commercial grade stuff.