arduino based mp3 player

talijackson

Joined Sep 4, 2021
Hi guys iam building an mp3 player using the vs1053 decorder module i bought from sparkfun and an arduino uno and an lcd ive finished the project but its only playing nine songs.
my question is ;
1.is it a problem of the shield am using or a problem with arduino ram, should i add more external ram?
2. is samone here familiar with vlsi audio decorder chips if it is a limitation with the the software in the chipp itself
Attached are the library files and the player software.

Attachments

KeithWalker

Joined Jul 10, 2017
Hi guys iam building an mp3 player using the vs1053 decorder module i bought from sparkfun and an arduino uno and an lcd ive finished the project but its only playing nine songs.
my question is ;
1.is it a problem of the shield am using or a problem with arduino ram, should i add more external ram?
2. is samone here familiar with vlsi audio decorder chips if it is a limitation with the the software in the chipp itself
Attached are the library files and the player software.
The VS1053 module has only 16K of RAM. That is where the music files are stored, not in the Arduino.

RichMaker

Joined Apr 1, 2022
A DF player with a micro SD card would be a better choice. It can hold 100 folders with 255 tracks in each folder. You can even control it with push buttons, without an Arduino if you just want to play the tunes in sequence.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...exp_id=10ae3a92-fe63-4be8-b417-218d314b7173-1
I made a mp3 player using Mp3Guay code and instead of UNO I used a Mega2560 and am able to fill a 32gb Micro SD card with mp3 songs. His code really works, also I used a 4 line display instead of a 2 line display, looks neat!

Attachments