Arduino and Piezo Trigger Driven LED Strip

Speno_

Joined Feb 3, 2018
Greetings,
For me, this is the first time posting on a forum like this. That being said I am extremely desperate and have failed to find a thread detailing exactly what I must do. A few things to note first: I am a complete electronics noob and have little to no experience. Most terms I will be unfamiliar with so simple words would be appreciated. I also have no experience in reading electronic diagrams (I don't even know what they are called).

So here is my goal. I want to create a series of connected led strips on my drum set which would light up individually every time they are struck. However, it would be best if the materials could be limited to the following (since I already have them and can test with them immediately): Arduino Uno, piezo triggers, bread board, jumper cables, 12v DC power supply, fixed white 12v led strip, and a large assortment of resistors. Of course if something small is required to make it work that's fine, but I would prefer to use the arduino as the driving force of this project since I have seen it been used in this fasion before. Here is an example:
However, in this video, as is in many other videos, the led strip is RGB while mine is a fixed color. I would also like to power the entire system off the one 12v power supply minus the arduino whcih can be powered via USB. Hopefully I am not forgetting any crucial information, but if so let me know. Thanks