Aquiring components

Blackbull

Joined Jul 26, 2008
I can get components from the two largest suppliers in the U.K. through a friend, and I can walk into Maplin and buy stuff. Has anyone any tips if these outlets do not have something I need. Thanks.

Blackbull

Joined Jul 26, 2008
England, GB, United Kingdom. I wanted a LT1007AN8 op-amp, RS don't stock them and even if they did they would't sell me one. Got a 1007CN8 from Farnell ( they dont stock 'A's) It's not a problem, just wondered how hobbyists source parts, for future reference.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Farnell and Arrow Electronics UK are two authorized distributors for Linear Technology's products there.
For the complete list, go here:
http://www.linear.com/contact/salesoffices/intl_offices.jsp#uk

It is best to consult the manufacturer's website both for current datasheets and currently authorized distributors. Unfortunately, semiconductor counterfeiting has become a large problem over the last few years. The only way to ensure that you are obtaining a genuine item is by purchasing it either direct from the company, or a currently authorized distributor.

The LT1007A has very nice specs.

Blackbull

Joined Jul 26, 2008
Interesting Sgt. didn't know about counterfeit components. One of those suppliers is quite close to here, on American standards anyway, I've heard you travel two hundred miles for a night out.