Anyone know what component is this

Dzoro

Joined Feb 1, 2019
IMG_20200210_222317.jpghi guys,i have been looking and removing parts from old circuits and i saw this i was thinking is a resistor when i mesured it it was around 700kohm but it was realy unstable so can anyone tell me what component is this
Thanks
Dzoro

ronsimpson

Joined Oct 7, 2019
Did it come from a TV set?
I think it might be a gas discharge tube. spark tube Use to protect electronics from over voltage. Some times used in phones to protect from high voltage on phone lines.
1581394404145.png
It should be open to a ohm meter. The meter might be measuring your hand or the oils from your fingers on the class.

Dzoro

Joined Feb 1, 2019
Did it come from a TV set?
I think it might be a gas discharge tube. spark tube Use to protect electronics from over voltage. Some times used in phones to protect from high voltage on phone lines.
View attachment 198788
It should be open to a ohm meter. The meter might be measuring your hand or the oils from your fingers on the class.
Yes it came from a crt tv set but its not open its mesuring 700kohm and i dont touch the pins when i mesure it but nevermind thanks

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
It is probably a current limiting resistor, designed to increase resistance as it heats. "Unstable" resistance is not an adequate description, so if you can explain what you mean then possibly you can get a useful answer.

Dzoro

Joined Feb 1, 2019
Thank you guys i just wanted to ask what it was i have no use of it i just saw it on the pcb and unsolderd it and i post it here because i was curious what it was