Does anyone know what this component is?

dleung821

Joined Nov 12, 2023
I'm a newbie in electronic stuff. Does anyone know what it is and where I can buy this? What do these numbers stand for: P30V, 1200UM, NITK? Thanks in advance.
IMG_9610.jpg

dendad

Joined Feb 20, 2016
It looks like a 'Polyswitch", a resettable fuse. 30V max, 1.2 Amps.
When cold, it should measure close to a short. Then go high resistance when it get hot due to over current. Once it cools again, it works again.
I do not use fuses now, just polyswitches.

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Does anyone know what it is and where I can buy this?
As noted above, it is a polyswitch. This is Littlefuse product. Search for “polyswitch” on any of the major parts distributor sites (e.g.: Mouser, Newark, &c.).

What do these numbers stand for: P30V, 1200UM, NITK? Thanks in advance.
30V is the maximum voltage. 1200 is the holding current in 1/100A so, 12.00A. The markings on your device are somewhat different than current production which uses “Unnnn” rather than “nnnnUx”.

The NITK is probably a date code but the datasheet doesn’t include it as a marking.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
What is the application? And why does the TS believe they need a device that they do not know what it is? If a device has failed then probably some other device also failed and caused excess power dissipation. So the replacement part will probably also fail in a short time. Circuit protection devices seldom fail for no reason.

dendad

Joined Feb 20, 2016
Does anyone know what it is and where I can buy this?
Why do you think it is faulty? If it is measuring a short, it it probably OK. If it is not close to a short, then it has failed.
Often when these gizmos fail, they will be discoloured showing they have run too hot for too long or were used in a circuit at higher than their rated voltage and gotten damaged.

dleung821

Joined Nov 12, 2023
What is the application? And why does the TS believe they need a device that they do not know what it is? If a device has failed then probably some other device also failed and caused excess power dissipation. So the replacement part will probably also fail in a short time. Circuit protection devices seldom fail for no reason.
It's for Flashforge Guider II 3D printer.