Anyone here using the latest Firefox 89.0 browser?

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
Before I download it ......
This version looks to be a major change from previous ones. Any issues/bugs? It promises to have a simpler interface and I'm concerned it may be dumbed down or take a lot of getting used to.

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi alec,
I am not happy with some of the changes to the FF browser, its a pain, especially in Bookmarks setup and Search.

The Bookmarks properties is hidden away somewhere, I cannot set Bookmark Tab setting via the properties menu
E

Edit;
Noted a change in last 24 hrs on the Bookmarks, looks more like the older option

Last edited:

Ylli

Joined Nov 13, 2015
Using the 'Classic Blue' theme, the menus went from black on white to white on black. Yuck. Have not figured out how to mitigate that disaster. In addition the menus went to double spacing and the tabs were disconnected from the main body. Got those fixed with userchrome entries. Sure wish they would stop 'fixing' things that are not broken.

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
Using version 90.0 which came shortly after version 89, probably a bug fix. Everything seems ok but the appearance is slightly different along the top of the window.

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
Using version 90.0 which came shortly after version 89,
My 88.0.1 version is still inviting me to update to 89.0. Security fixes are fine, but I do wish 'they' wouldn't fiddle with features quite so often. This old dog finds it increasingly hard to learn new tricks.

Last edited:

LowQCab

Joined Nov 6, 2012
I stopped using FireFox a couple of years ago when I found out they were
selling Browsing History as well as other info.
I switched to Brave, and I can't find anything bad to say about it.
And the lack of Ads is most welcome.

Lo_volt

Joined Apr 3, 2014
Sure wish they would stop 'fixing' things that are not broken.
I'll second that. An update to Chrome on my Android phone "fixed" the tab layout from a rolodex style to a grid layout. The problem is that the grid layout on a phone display makes each tab about the size of a postage stamp. I can't figure out one from the other. There was a workaround in previous versions to return it to the rolodex style, but they've removed the workaround in the latest version. I still can't see what was wrong with the rolodex format.