Anyone hear from Spinnaker or loosewire lately?

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
@spinnaker
Spinnaker
He hqasn't been seen since Aug 17, 2019 . The curse of the internet may be in effect here. Hope he is OK, I emailed him but haven't gotten a response.
While I'm talking about missing members. How about @loosewire?

Corvid really, really sucks.

Last edited:

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
Only to read, he does that most days. I think he is hiding from something or some one. I for one miss the little menace. Always good for a laugh.
It a bunch of people on my motorcycle forums and off-grid sites disappeared in mid-January as well. Does this happen every winter?

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
It a bunch of people on my motorcycle forums and off-grid sites disappeared in mid-January as well. Does this happen every winter?
People come and go, but the vibe is a bit different this winter. I think we've lost some people permanently -- for one reason or another. I've been here since 2006, that's 15+ years and this feels different.

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
I'm thinking it only happens after a field trip to DC.
I asked around at our Monday Ride meet-up last night and discovered several people have heard from Federal Authorities even without a trip to Washington. Because of that, even more people have stopped posting on forums and spending free time deleting old forum and social media posts. Has this guy’s post-count been dropping recently?

Many of us frequent posters here are retired or near retirement.
I SINCERELY hope this is not the case with these individuals, but I have seen similar disappearances in other forums, where we later learned of a serious illness or of passing away.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
I think of attrition, the last was 4 years ago, this is different. Until @Papabravo said
I've been here since 2006, that's 15+ years and this feels different.
I thought I read that joeyd was temporarily? banned a few months ago. I'd probably never come back.
From his profile

joeyd999
AAC Fanatic! · From 184 miles SE of Tampa, Florida
Joined Jun 6, 2011
Last seen Today at 1:14 PM

kv

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
I was quiet for years till I finally made a post, that post was not welcome lol.

Many folks here, just didn’t care for me, my post wasn’t offensive, it made people huddle, can’t even think of how many PM’s about me. lol

I didn’t care this forum is very informative, you don’t need to post in the open forum here.

kv

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Some of the mods here have been sensitized by a free for all bashing mods several years ago, and Joey stepped in it. I have to be careful with my joking in the future. He was returning my joke (and one of the others took offense). <sigh>

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011
Some of the mods here have been sensitized by a free for all bashing mods several years ago, and Joey stepped in it. I have to be careful with my joking in the future. He was returning my joke (and one of the others took offense). <sigh>
So he finally stepped on a wrong toe!?