Anyone have access to Mexican Coke?

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
So I keep hearing Mexican cokes the bomb. I'm sure I can get it here with all the spanish bodega's but just wondering if you guys have tried it and how it was. They are supposed to make it from cane suger instead of corn syrup. I've tried many soda's that use cane suger and find them much better the CS ones. Just wondering if anyone has tried the Cane version of Coke?

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
Our Coke has sugar listed as an ingredient. Not sure if it's cane or beet sugar, but they probably wouldn't bother exporting high fructose corn syrup over here.
It tastes good, but I've never tried the American version.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Long ago, American Cokes were made with cane sugar. Some "historian" would actually know what year they changed. Apparently switching to corn syrup didn't change the taste MUCH or I would have noticed.

Coke has always been my favorite, and odd as it may seem, I still have all 32 of my original teeth (still attached to my head).:D

gerty

Joined Aug 30, 2007
I prefer "Sundrop", and from what I understand it's not available in a lot of areas. It's a citrus drink like Mellow Yellow or Seven-up but much better in my opinion.:D

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
I 'm saying this because Coca Cola and Pepsico are seriou competitors here in Greece. Many taverns and restaurants offer only one brand as a "cola" type drink and not the other, so the comparison is justified.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Sugar is also made from sugar beet. The sugar I have just now is made from from danish sugar beets. I think modern sugar has gone through so many refine processes that. Any tastes from the source is gone. But on the other hand. I do not drink much soda pop at all. So I am not an expert on this topic.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
I 'm saying this because Coca Cola and Pepsico are seriou competitors here in Greece. Many taverns and restaurants offer only one brand as a "cola" type drink and not the other, so the comparison is justified.
Same here, you can only have one or the other. Only reason pespsi has an restuarant foothold is Yum Brands with AnW, Pizza Hut, Tauker Bell, Arbies, KFC, etc... Everyone else is Coke.

Yes I'm talking about cola. LOL

Ingredients
Carbonated water
Sugar (sucrose or high-fructose corn syrup depending on country of origin)
Caffeine
Phosphoric acid
Caramel color (E150d)
Natural flavorings[46]

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
All the sugars taste a little different to each other even in pure form so it's hard to imagine there aren't some differences in cola flavour because of it. I found some Lucozade cola recently that tastes amazing - it has 17g of glucose per 100ml instead of the 10g of sucrose in Coke, so not a healthy option.