Anyone ever see this type of strain x-ducer?

electromania

Joined Feb 26, 2018
Hello! I would really like to learn more about the way this company manufactures this gage. It came from a company in the UK "LJ Create" for an aerostream windtunnel balance to measure drag and lift. Its a full bridge transducer. It looks like its printed on a gold silicon layer? Anyways, I have two, this one lost continuity between the leads during transport. I need to replicate this or find a replacement if possible. Any insight? Interested in learning more about the tech that goes into this style of strain gage if anyone knows! It measures at 1.075 kohm and the hot leads on the board measure at 11.75vdc. Thanks in advance..

M
20220417_111102.jpg20220417_123839.jpg

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
A strain gauge with four wires would likely be four single strain resistances wired in a Wheatstone Bridge configuration. Two wires would be for the excitation voltage. The other two wires would be the sensor output.

1650400040630.png

electromania

Joined Feb 26, 2018
Thanks Eric! Getting Closer, they definitely took raw stainless material and laminated it with a special gold coating and somehow printed the circuit within.