Anybody experienced at PIC microcontroller programming? I need code for this design.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannyf

Joined Sep 13, 2015
Sometimes, WHITE LIES are good.
I have to say that I find that kind of thinking repulsive.

I was sympathetic to your seeking information and help. I don't think, however, you need to disguise your true intent here - it USD entirely OK if you want to show people how it can be done sand I think that is value add.

But you should take us for fools.

Rejan Chitrakar

Joined Jan 4, 2017
I have to say that I find that kind of thinking repulsive.

I was sympathetic to your seeking information and help. I don't think, however, you need to disguise your true intent here - it USD entirely OK if you want to show people how it can be done sand I think that is value add.

But you should take us for fools.
Don't get me wrong guys. This is the first time I am on online forum and now I realize I shouldn't have done that. My intention was just to share what I know. I apologize for what I did ;(

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
I am confused. You know nothing about Pics yet you want to share everything you know about pics.

And we are still waiting for your question.

JohnInTX

Joined Jun 26, 2012
Don't get me wrong guys. This is the first time I am on online forum and now I realize I shouldn't have done that. My intention was just to share what I know. I apologize for what I did ;(
I think the problem you may have with that is how willing you were to try for gain using subterfuge, lie about it when caught then dismiss it as a justifiable means to an end- a 'Little White Lie'. I think you'll find it hard earn the respect of your peers when you have demonstrated that you will readily sell your integrity for short-term gain.

Think about that. You say you have something to offer. Do you? You have already violated the trust of your readers and peers. What are you offering, something genuine or something you scabbed off the internet and are passing it off as your own, and how is anyone to know the truth? Later when you say you have done the tests on your product and it is safe - can anyone believe that or is it another harmless 'white lie'? Is my car safe or have you covered up the fact that the airbags will kill me? Get it?

Look, I'm not trying to pile on, especially after an apology but @dannyf 's response pretty much sums how I view it. I suspect similar disdain would be shown by much of our membership - many of those are skilled engineers, scientists and educators with centuries of combined experience. Those guys have earned the respect they receive here and on the job and I doubt if many of them would long suffer someone untrustworthy.

Hopefully, you'll take this in the constructive spirit in which it is given.

Last edited:

ClassOfZero

Joined Dec 28, 2016
Let me conclude it this way. Sometimes, WHITE LIES are good. It's 2:48 AM here and I'm still replying to you guys. Good night ;)
You can't justify a lie, a lie is a lie.

How's the commute from Sydney to the 'gong ?

Tho I must say if you can't work out how to get in PIC programming with the wealth of information available and all the resources available at a uni ( I know closed over Christmas break ) you really should be reconsidering a career, maybe something were an original thought is not required.

I'm pretty sure if a roadworker (basically I fill up sand bags and move them somewhere else, sometimes they let me use a tape measure), such as myself, could work out how to program well over 16 years ago it should be a cake walk nowadays.

Rejan Chitrakar

Joined Jan 4, 2017
I agree to whatever I'm being criticized over but what about those 1000's of google links that have been shared on this forum. Are they all original ideas?

JohnInTX

Joined Jun 26, 2012
I agree to whatever I'm being criticized over but what about those 1000's of google links that have been shared on this forum. Are they all original ideas?
Of course not. Links to helpful information are generally allowed although it is encouraged and in cases required that information supporting threads be hosted here so that they don't go away in the future. But since you have read these boards that far you must have encountered threads that were dismissive of posters that would try to pass other's work as their own. If not, see Homework Help.

Your trespass took several forms:
First, you attempted to run a Question and Answer scam with yourself as both Q and A intended to drive traffic to your sites/channels. That alone is grounds for a permanent ban.
Second, when challenged on it you doubled-down in a lie.
Third, when your lie was exposed, you tried to dismiss it as non-important. As we say in Texas 'That dog just won't hunt.'

To your credit, you apologized but for my money, I think you are inclined to say or do anything that will advance your short-term goals - this time setting up a strawman.

You've already admitted that you made a mistake and that your intentions were good. Prove it. Get on the boards and provide some genuine help somewhere. Your member-peers will decide if you are real or not.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.