And now for something weird...

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
Kind of a larger version of Marie's sculpture. One of my favorite Everybody Loves Raymond episodes.

Short version

Full episode, less the commercials

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
The source code for the ChastityLock ransomware that was used in attacks aimed at the users of the Qiui Cellmate adult toy is now publicly available.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
https://apnews.com/article/australia-to-kill-pigeon-from-oregon-faae5a66c336c8b2dc902b1ed4270345
CANBERRA, Australia (AP) — A racing pigeon has survived an extraordinary 13,000-kilometer (8,000-mile) Pacific Ocean crossing from the United States to find a new home in Australia. Now authorities consider the bird a quarantine risk and plan to kill it.

Kevin Celli-Bird said Thursday he discovered the exhausted bird that arrived in his Melbourne backyard on Dec. 26 had disappeared from a race in the U.S. state of Oregon on Oct. 29.
Raiders lost their best player.

Last edited:

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
If you think for a minute rabbits in Australia and what damage they caused, and snails in California, you can understand why they do not want a new pest in their country. I have a few pigeons who have arrived recently in my village. Over the last few years they have not prolificated to excess, but if they do, measures will be taken to limit the flying rats.

Not that I do not like rats. My mother was a chemist at a V.A. hospital and rescued many rats and white mice from being killed after experiments. My bedroom was full of both and I thoroughly enjoyed them.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
If you think for a minute rabbits in Australia and what damage they caused, and snails in California, you can understand why they do not want a new pest in their country. I have a few pigeons who have arrived recently in my village. Over the last few years they have not prolificated to excess, but if they do, measures will be taken to limit the flying rats.

Not that I do not like rats. My mother was a chemist at a V.A. hospital and rescued many rats and white mice from being killed after experiments. My bedroom was full of both and I thoroughly enjoyed them.
tumblr_m08dpu1tey1qc42hdo1_500.gif

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
That reminds me. My father would bring home parakeets that people were tired of. At on point I had a dozen parakeets in my bedroom. Luckily, I was able to trade them for a transistor radio to a parakeet breeder (as a young teen-ager this was a bargain).

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
a parakeet breeder
That should be a crime.
In the wild, they live in flocks of thousands, and many of the parrot family mate for life.
I was sorry to read that one here that had gone on the lam, was recaptured, he/she was living wild and had learned to speak 'sparrow'.
Many of the parrot family are committed up to 100yr life in prison cage. :(
Max.

Last edited:

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
If it makes you feel any better, I traded those birds to a breeder who had a large enclosure with plenty of birds in it. Still, it is an enclosure, but parakeets don't take to cold weather well.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
https://www.kptv.com/news/woman-s-c...cle_9491dfdc-5864-11eb-838c-2b3d422c8ad6.html
BEAVERTON, OR (KPTV) - A woman has her son back, after a thief stole her car with the child inside.
The woman told FOX 12 the man then drove back to the market and yelled at her, threatening to call the police because she left her son in the car. The man ordered her to get her son out of the car, and then he drove off again.
Yes, she was stupid but that's rich! Car thief and potential kidnapper threatens to call the police. :eek:

Last edited: