And now for something weird...

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
Roller Coasters - had a blast on the Ghose Rider (Knott's Berry Farm, Buena Park CA). Wife said she would NOT ride on any roller coaster that turned you up-side-down. The Ghose Rider, all wooden, does not turn you upside down. So I got her to go on it. The moment we left the loading station there's a very brief drop. She was screaming. Then we started the long climb up the chains to the top. We hit the top and she was screaming. Screamed the ENTIRE RIDE! When we finally hit the braking zone she stopped screaming. That was when I could hear people laughing. I think my wife was a big part of the attraction that afternoon.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
This is something that I often do, out of courtesy for those around me:

https://www.iflscience.com/health-a...s-nose-and-covering-his-mouth-while-sneezing/

Described in a BMJ Case Report under the rather distressing title "Snap, crackle, and pop: when sneezing leads to crackling in the neck", the man showed up in a hospital emergency department after an "achoo" had gone wrong. The patient had pinched his nose and held his mouth closed when he sneezed, experiencing a "popping sensation" in his neck.

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
Few years ago I bought one of those big snow blowers. It hasn't snowed much since then and I've hardly had use for it. This guy is guaranteeing it will never snow in his neighborhood again!

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...a-cosmeti-idUSKBN2980RL?utm_source=reddit.com
The country has been a world capital of cosmetic surgery even during non-pandemic times. The industry is estimated to be worth about $10.7 billion in 2020, up 9.2% year-on-year, and is expected to hover around $11.8 billion this year, according to Gangnam Unni, the country’s largest online cosmetic surgery platform.

Cosmetic surgeons say patients are interested in all parts of the face: those that can be easily hidden under masks, such as the nose and lips, as well as those that face coverings don’t conceal, which some consider the criteria of beauty in the coronavirus era.

“Both surgical and non-surgical inquiries about eyes, eyebrows, nose bridge and foreheads - the only visible parts - certainly increased,” said Park Cheol-woo, a surgeon at WooAhIn Plastic Surgery Clinic, who was in charge of Ryu’s operation.