Analog audio and video inputs

Thread Starter

skybox

Joined Mar 2, 2009
68
Hi guys,

My design requires an audio and video input (analog) from a source. I believe both signals are analog. Being new to this, what design considerations should I keep in mind. I know I should have separate grounds for both signals. As for the input to the connector, what type of components should I put in to reduce noise?

X and Y are my inputs to the two sources

X <---- VIDEO_IN
Y <----AUDIO_IN

Thanks in advance.
 

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
15,819
It might be important to know if the audio and video outputs were both anaolg. If so, and they come from a camera or similar device so the circuits producing those outputs are powered from the same voltage source, then the audio and video grounds will be common.

As to noise reduction, what is the nature of the noise that you expect?
 
Top