Amplifier with multiple inputs?

navyguy

Joined Sep 27, 2019
So you say you have four sources
  1. Thunder
  2. Cannon
  3. Wind
  4. Pirates
I’m guessing source #4 won’t trigger an effect. Numbers 1 & 2 will and the sounds should occur after the effect - not the other way around. Source #3 may or may not have an effect (are you going to use fans?). If not, it can be treated the same as the pirates talking. If you have fans, I’d treat it like effects 1&2, but with a zero delay.

This design has an effect triggering the sound with a delay (variable, but dependent on the source).

The question is... What is the source of the sound (MP3 player, recordable sound module, ...). And how is that source triggered? And can the trigger be replaced with an intermediate module?

It then simplifies to the following for each channel:
  • Effect trigger
  • Effect control
  • Sound trigger
  • Sound source
  • Mixer
The lightning machine I’ve been using for the last 4 years uses an optocoupler which simply uses the varying output voltage going to the speakers and triggers a triac so 115 vac will flow to the flood lights with varying intensity
I’m sure I’m not using the best terminology to describe how the trigger works but that’s it in a nut shell. So I was planning to use the same trigger for the cannon. Same theory so I thought why not?

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
I’ve refrained from replying further because the other replies are excellent!

My POV is different. I see a systemic problem that continues to exist regardless of the various solutions proposed

Your problem definition is not specific enough to define the requirements for your application. That’s why I asked you to define the various triggers. You replied in a lot of detail without answering my question.

How do you start EACH of the following:
  • The lightning effect? Ie, the flashing lights.
  • The thunder?
  • The lighting effect for the cannons? Ie, the flash of muzzle light.
  • The cannon explosion?
  • The pirates talking?
  • The wind effect? This may not be necessary or may be starting fans.
When I ask how do you start each event, I am looking for voltage, current, source if each trigger. Knowing that you have a lightning machine is useful, only if the inputs and outputs are well-defined as I described herein.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
Addendum: you may have noticed (and kudos if you did), that I’m describing a generalized system.
  • Trigger event
  • Event
  • Sound
  • Finish
With a generalized system, you can add or subtract events for other animated scenes and re-use the control system with minor changes.