Am modulation and demodulation trainer

sgfh182

Joined Aug 25, 2014
hello guys..im new here and im doing diploma in electronic commucation.....im been trying to make am modulation and demodulation trainer for my project...by using the MC1496 AM modulator and demodulator...the problem is my supervisor ask me to make variable input signal. seriously i have no idea how to make an variable carrier signal input and variable audio signal input...if someone can help me with schematic for variable signal input and variable audio signal input i appreciate it...

Last edited by a moderator:

alfacliff

Joined Dec 13, 2013
why do you need to vary both the rf input and the audio input? wouldnt it be best to hold the rf input constant and show the results of varying the modulation level? for some ham radio classes I either use a signal generator or one of my more portable trancievers (yeasu ft 817) and an osciliscope.

sgfh182

Joined Aug 25, 2014
im sorry i was wrong...its true to keep the rf input constant... the aim of this trainer is to show the varying modulation index..how to create a variable audio input....is there any schematic diagram...i need to build a trainer with an adjust tool on it to control the modulating signal for the input to be varied.....thanks for the reply i really appreciate it

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

For the carrier you would need an RF oscilator.
For the audio, you could use a function generator.
A function generator can change the frequency and the amplitude of the audio signal.
To see the result, you would need an oscilloscope to show the modulated signal on the output of the modulator.

Bertus