alternative energy

sreve sulze

Joined Mar 21, 2015
solar cell>7805>ultra capacitor>fet>load
[
next cap>fet>load
[
next cap>fet>load ... rolling over to max energy without exceeding voltage on any cap
all loads connected in parallel
comments or suggestions welcom>

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
A linear regulator is very wasteful of precious solar energy. A buck converter would help. Why do you think you need the capacitors, and what do you mean by "fet"?

blocco a spirale

Joined Jun 18, 2008
Whichever way you look at it; the solar cell is the only source of energy in this parts list and connecting stuff to it will not magically introduce more energy.
So what's new, Sreve?

sreve sulze

Joined Mar 21, 2015
A linear regulator is very wasteful of precious solar energy. A buck converter would help. Why do you think you need the capacitors, and what do you mean by "fet"?
linear regs are cheap and i am familiar with them. buck and other regs are fine, i am asking for suggestions to improve it, fet=field effect transistor to isolate caps from over charging.

sreve sulze

Joined Mar 21, 2015
linear regs are cheap and i am familiar with them. buck and other regs are fine, i am asking for suggestions to improve it, fet=field effect transistor to isolate caps from over charging.
not looking for magic energy. caps are for storage when no sun
i am disabled, can only email with many typo's.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Ditto on the questions above. A battery is a "voltage regulator" all by itself and is far superior to a capacitor for storing energy. Lower cost, lower volume.

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
agreed.
A battery of suffciently large capacity will absorb every electron produced by the solar panel, minus the unavoidable waste heat and chemical conversion costs. adding anything else just increases the losses. end of story.
Now, what are you wanting to accomplish with the additional circuitry?