Alternative Green Energy Idea :D

cjdelphi

Joined Mar 26, 2009
This is a great idea lol, in these tough economical times and energy crisis lack of oil, or to use coal or renewable energy people prefer renewable to help the environment.

So here's MY solution.

We give people jobs where thousands of people simply get on a push bikes in parallel wired up to a generator the combined electricity is stepped up and supply's the national grid?..

Anyone can do it, the Fat especially, job to lose weight and get paid!

What's wrong with that? renewable and clean gives jobs and gets people into shape? + + + + as far as i see it :D

Craig Capel.

HarveyH42

Joined Jul 22, 2007
Sort of an all in one solution to the current problems, I like it. Most of people I've known, who received unemployment checks, would be sitting around the house getting fat. Having to pedal for power a few hours a week would be too much to ask, and maybe a little incentive to find something better to do with their time, like find a job.

Obesity is a major health problem, leading cause of heart disease, strokes, and diabetes. Not to mention a boat load of less fatal, but equally costly health problems.

Pretty much anybody receiving a free paycheck should be required to produce a certain quota of electricity. Welfare moms could put their 6.5 kids on the bikes, instead of letting them run the neighborhood. Many are on bikes anyway, and it would be safer than having the playing in the streets, or delivering packages for the drug dealer on the corner.

At the government offices, where the people go to fill out the forms, there are usually huge lines, and a considerable wait. Why not not put a bunch in there, it's boring anyway, probably get a bunch of people pedaling just to pass the time. Could add incentives or bonuses for producing, maybe speed up the claim process for them, bus pass, few extra bucks worth of food stamps...

kammenos

Joined Aug 3, 2008
And the old, sick and dead people shall be burned in heaters that will produce electricity. So, we kinda solve the over-population problem as well!

thingmaker3

Joined May 16, 2005
A healthy adult human is supposed to be able to produce 1/10 horsepower for extended periods of time. 75 Watts for (insert local minimum wage here) is a little expensive, no?

cjdelphi

Joined Mar 26, 2009
A healthy adult human is supposed to be able to produce 1/10 horsepower for extended periods of time. 75 Watts for (insert local minimum wage here) is a little expensive, no?
I was thinking more along the lines of, you get X amount of bucks every time you hit 1/2 KW of electric produced by your bike... As it is people on the dole don't get paid any extra to do "work for the dole" they simply rock up to a place and made to do work they don't get paid min wage for it but unless they want to keep getting their dole money they can't refuse.

So the 8% population that are unemployed can do that or find real work. 2 days a week from every unemployed person cost to the tax payer 0, and you get back a slightly cheaper electric bill at the end of the month.

HarveyH42

Joined Jul 22, 2007
How about the vast number of those incarcerated in our many prisons? A lot of tax dollars go into that resort-type system, and all we get is healthier, better educated criminals. They could be given a certain number of kilowatts they must produce, to earn their freedom.

thingmaker3

Joined May 16, 2005
I was thinking more along the lines of, you get X amount of bucks every time you hit 1/2 KW of electric produced by your bike...
I pay a little over 8 cents per KWh. Generation cost is closer to 3 cents per KWh. So we give the hobo a penny and a half for every half KWh? They can peddle out about 3/4 KWh per hour, so they'll get 18 cents for an eight hour shift.

Also, unemployment insurance payments are insurance payments. My sweat paid the premium, thank you. I don't need to sweat any extra to claim my claim.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
You obviously have no idea how hard it is to keep a generator going with even a modest load. It is quite simply a rediculous proposition.

b.shahvir

Joined Jan 6, 2009
It would seem a ridiculous proposition only if generators are driven continuously, which me thinks, may not be necessary as the generated power can always be stored in batteries and then, using inverters, can be synchronized with the local grid just as in case of wind generators.

One can also strike up a deal with fitness centers to install small generators to their treadmills. For the time fitness freaks use the said treadmills, power will be generated which can be stored and then later sourced to the power grid as and when required. What say y'all? :cool:

cjdelphi

Joined Mar 26, 2009
It would seem a ridiculous proposition only if generators are driven continuously, which me thinks, may not be necessary as the generated power can always be stored in batteries and then, using inverters, can be synchronized with the local grid just as in case of wind generators.

One can also strike up a deal with fitness centers to install small generators to their treadmills. For the time fitness freaks use the said treadmills, power will be generated which can be stored and then later sourced to the power grid as and when required. What say y'all? :cool:
I Like yer thinkin :D

As for the people who appear upset by what i suggested the :D the :D represents a huge GRIN if i was really serious there would not be a huge grin everytime i think about this proposal =))