Alternate between 2 555 flasher circuits

dhart99

Joined Apr 25, 2019
Hi everyone, I am new to electronics and I'm attempting to build a emergency vehicle type light. I have 2 555 flasher circuits built that work with an adjustable flash speed, my problem is alternating between the circuits. I originally thought just another 555 adj. flash speed circuit was the answer but I can't seem to get it to switch between them. any suggestions would be very appreciated. Sorry if I'm not posting correctly or if this has been covered, but I wasn't able to find anything in the search. Thanks in advance.

ElectricSpidey

Joined Dec 2, 2017
A third 555 will do the trick…you will need to connect the output directly to one of the 555s reset and connect to the other 555s reset through a transistor or inverter.

If you need a schematic let me know.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I have done this a lot, try searching "Wendy" as the user and "police" inn the AAC Search bar for different forums (BTW My name used to be Bill_Marsden). You can tag me to read a post by adding @Wendy in your post, this works for all users.

P.S. I love mentoring people.

dhart99

Joined Apr 25, 2019
I have 3 555 flash circuits 1 being timed to alternate between the other 2 and the other 2 for the higher flash speed of the lights. I have a 2n3904 npn to switch between the 2 flasher circuits. I will post my schematic when I finish it.