airbag light

Status
Not open for further replies.

geweer

Joined Sep 4, 2014
Hi, I have a 2010 Ford. The airbag light comes on periodically. No codes are apparent. I have it at my local ford dealer. They see the problem, but say they can't fix it unless the airbag light is on. So far they can't get the light to come back on.I am afraid to drive it because of this problem. The car has only 12000 miles on it. any ideas?

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Ford has a backup power supply to fire the airbag in case the battery cable gets cut before the impact sensor activates. Look for the instruction sheet for troubleshooting the backup supply. It fails because of bad connectors and an aluminum electrolytic capacitor that is supposed to hold enough energy to fire the airbag. Of course, check the obvious first. The startup sequence checks for continuity in the firing circuit.

Another problem would be, "Idiot light comes on but no codes are stored". I don't know how they arrange for that to happen. o_O

Disclaimer: This website does not allow conversations about modifying vehicles. I did not tell you to modify the design. I only told you to look up the diagnostic procedure. Whatever you find wrong, put it back the way Our Father in Detroit designed it! If you don't understand what I just told you, keep your fingers out of it!

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
This is an electronics forum, not automotive.

Maybe a Ford forum would be a better place to post your question. What Ford model is it?

Google Ford forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.