Air condition response slowed after installing a new IR sensor

Yami

Joined Jan 18, 2016
Hi, I recently changed an IR sensor of a Philips air condition after it stop responding to remote control commands. Long story short I ended up getting a new circuit board and a new IR sensor(by 'new' I mean from other AC units which has been discarded) - the board and the new IR sensor was exactly identical to the one which I took out. Anyways after I connected it, the command took quite a while to register when a button is pressed on the remote.
What could be the possible cause for something like this? How can I troubleshoot it further?
Thanks in advance.

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
There must be an added delay in the new board (I have no idea why).
Without a schematic of the board it will be difficult to determine where the delay is being generated.
You might try to do a direct comparison between the two boards to see if you can spot any difference(s).

Yami

Joined Jan 18, 2016
There must be an added delay in the new board (I have no idea why).
Without a schematic of the board it will be difficult to determine where the delay is being generated.
You might try to do a direct comparison between the two boards to see if you can spot any difference(s).
I should've snapped a picture. But it's already in the unit now sealed. The boards were identical. The old board was really crusty and an attempt to clean it actually snapped some of the resistors off. The new board was very clean with no sign of wear.
I should also note that the board only consists of the IR sensor and couple indicator leds. The actual controller is on other board. One thing I remarked was an electrolytic cap near the sensor could this be the culprit being leaky... I didn't have time to check it or check how it was connected (damn).