Ahmed Mohamed is moving

Status
Not open for further replies.

PackratKing

Joined Jul 13, 2008
Good Riddance... Don't let the door hit yer kiester on the way out... Sorry to see you go... Here's your hat... Come again soon, when you can't stay so long !!! Why don't you take Obunghole with you ?? [snark]

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
I guess it would depend on how you feel about being handcuffed by ignorant neanderthals.
Yeah! It's not like there is some sort of precedent being set with bombs and young males from Islamic countries. I mean, Buddhist and Mormons and even Amish are just as likely to build a bomb...right?
Stupid cops...picking on those Arab guys. Somebody should sue them for profiling

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I don't think the cops are as much at fault as the teacher and the school officials. We've all heard the story of the boy who cried wolf once too often. Still, what happened could hardly be called 'intelligent' or 'due process'. That might be enough to convince me that there might be less hostile places than the USA depending on what you look like. If you can't tell the difference between a clock and a bomb should you really be granted a public trust in our name?

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
Such ignorance is by design. The law enforcement industry is not actively seeking high IQ types, but desires those slightly less inquisitive and more likely to blindly follow directions without much thought to what is behind the directives.

ISB123

Joined May 21, 2014
I didn't know that placing an object inside a case is consider innovation. Where is my Nobel prize I packed luggage so many times that I can do it blindfolded.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Such ignorance is by design. The law enforcement industry is not actively seeking high IQ types, but desires those slightly less inquisitive and more likely to blindly follow directions without much thought to what is behind the directives.
Maybe it is time to upgrade from idiot neanderthal to better and brighter. To hope for the best and the brightest would pure fantasy.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Here is a common thought, if the school really thought it was a bomb then why was the school not evacuated? By their logic they put everyone in danger. If they knew it was not a bomb (which is likely) then they did indeed violate a students civil rights.

The over reaction and inappropriate action is the story, not that a kid repackaged a clock.

He is getting an education in a territory that will not lock him up for being a bit different. Sounds win/win for him, and indites the idiots that are over our kids.

Last edited:

GS3

Joined Sep 21, 2007
Good Riddance... Don't let the door hit yer kiester on the way out... Sorry to see you go... Here's your hat... Come again soon, when you can't stay so long !!! Why don't you take Obunghole with you ?? [snark]
This attitude explains a lot of what is happening in America today. I think this kind of sectarian thinking does no good to America or to humanity as a whole.

explain.jpg

GS3

Joined Sep 21, 2007
The difference is one of them will chop your head off without a second thought. There is no moral equivalence in that photo.
In my experience neither will have second or even first thoughts. They don't have the brain cells. Either one will gladly kill in the certainty that they did something good. And just as readily they will kill one of their own if they dissent. Both are just as violent and share the belief that violence will somehow improve things.

Compared to the rest of the developed world America is a very violent country and culture. Europeans have a hard time understanding how in America police can go around shooting or tasing people like they do. What happened to "Government by the people and for the people"?

If you are an American they may look very different but in essence they are the same. The belief that violence is the solution.

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
Not so sure. If you were an Iraqi when the bombs started to fall you might not feel the same. :D
Hmmm....bombs fell on the Germans, the Japanese (a couple of really, really, big ones!), the French, the Italians, the English, and a whole bunch of other westernized countries. I don't see their natives running around chopping heads off with abandon. I wonder why?

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
In my experience neither will have second or even first thoughts. They don't have the brain cells. Either one will gladly kill in the certainty that they did something good. And just as readily they will kill one of their own if they dissent. Both are just as violent and share the belief that violence will somehow improve things.
I carry both a gun and a flag. You are quite safe near me, as long as you don't attempt to chop my head off.

Status
Not open for further replies.