Aftermath Of A Wood Chipper Accident?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Glenn Holland, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Glenn Holland

Thread Starter Active Member

Dec 26, 2014
    Halloween is long over, but I ran across this photo of a wood chipper that looks like someone may have been the victim of a gruesome accident. :eek:

However, the person who posted the photo says the chipper was originally painted red and it was repainted white. :p

Red & White Chipper.jpg

2. markdem

Jul 31, 2013
    Looks like someone forgot to put the e-stop bar back on too. Might get some more "red" on it soon...

MaxHeadRoom likes this.
  3. Glenn Holland

Dec 26, 2014
    In the late 60s, some chippers had an emergency stop bar, but it was discontinued because of accidental trips.

Furthermore, stopping the drum (which spins at 2800 RPM) quick enough to prevent an amputation would create a recoil that would tip the machine backwards possibly on top of the purported victim.

4. tcmtech

Distinguished Member

Nov 4, 2013
    Looks like my back deck after plugging two racoons in the head back to back. :(

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
  5. Glenn Holland

Dec 26, 2014
    Here's an example of a careless operator that'll really give you a case of the hives: :eek:

6. markdem

Jul 31, 2013
    I got told the bar is there in case your clothing gets caught up in a Brach and starts to pull you in. Never pushed the bar so I am not sure if it does any cool stunts like a backflip.