Affordable modern good specs. Opamp

masteries

Joined Oct 28, 2019
Greetings,

I am searching for actual good specs. Opamp for general purposes.

As general purpose I understand Rail-to-Rail I/O, +/- 10 Volts supply input or single, 4 channels on Soic package, relatively low output noise (this is not mandatory to be the best), around 3 or 4 Volts/us slew rate.

Personally I have experience with pretty old Opamp models. But this is the moment to bring fresh ICs to the shelves.

As you understand I need advise to acquire large amounts for the incoming projects. For price, 1.5 to 2 € per unit is acceptable.

Thanks in advance

tindel

Joined Sep 16, 2012
I haven't used a "general purpose" opamp for anything serious in almost a decade. Everything needs some sort of special consideration - low power, low noise, high precision, high speed, high voltage, r-r in, r-r out... the list goes on. Perhaps I'm just (un)fortunate to be doing high precision stuff in an array of applications. I've rarely used the same part twice. OBW0549's link just drives my point home.

YMMV

masteries

Joined Oct 28, 2019
Thanks for the responses,

I acquired several OPA4196 at good prices, these are very good general purpose and rail-to-rail Opamps.

However, OPA4197 appears to be as good or better; but I couldn´t find these at good prices.