Affordable alternative to MAX40006?

Karenzee

Joined Mar 6, 2015
Hi,
trying to find a constant µA - nA output circuits (following simulation software for reference as i can't test with multimeter it's just to learn about components)

I found on another forum a µA circuit but is very specific (require µa precision ic and very specific voltage of 3V - LT6656ACS6-1.25 and MAX40006)

From what i've read LM431 with 2.5V reference is an option but what is similar (and affordable) to MAX40006?

Any help or informations on µa circuits or if you have books suggestions with schematics details or simulation softwares it would be great.

Karenzee

Last edited:

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Welcome to the AAC.
Generally, learning about components does not require such low currents. Of course that is based on a guess as to the type of components you want to learn about.
So if you want better than a blind guess you need to supply more information

Karenzee

Joined Mar 6, 2015
It's the LT6656ACS6-1.25 that's quite expensive (i've looked at the LM431 as an alternative)

The circuit output is 2µA - 0.9v (thread)

I find the research in µA - nA interesting (not only in electronics but other scientific applications) and found a few questions on forums about µA and nA constant current schematics.

I was looking for a schematic with a similar output but no specific supply voltage (3v to 9v) or an example of a circuit for simulation.

If there are books on the subject of µA - nA opamp and applications i'm very interested.

Karenzee.