Advice regarding the upgrading of a circuit board

Les1951

Joined Apr 6, 2021
Hi all
I am in need of some advice regarding a circuit I have.
The working of this circuit is just what I require except that it cannot Handel the amps that the motors (2) draw.
The project is to replace the door mirrors on my mini with folding mirrors, the 12v motors have 2 wires to operate them when the connections are reversed the motor runs in the opposite direction, I am not sure if at the end of there movement the power is cut by the mirrors them selves so to prevent any possible damage to the motors the circuit board has timers that cut power after an adjustable length of time
I have checked the amps that is drawn on 1 motor in the opening direction and in the closing direction, opening = 3.7 amps to open fold out and 2.7 amps to close fold in
At the end of the travel when motors stop there is a 0.13mA showing on my meter

Below is the information for the circuit board and a picture showing the components

Cyclic Time relay with separate adjustable two timers.
Timer 1 - 1 to 700 sec
Timer 2 - 1 to 300 sec
With reversing the polarity at every cycle
Power supply - 12V DC
Output - 12V DC 2A
DPDT Relay: 2А/12V DC. Up to 24 w motor
Times are adjusted by two adjusters

FD332BE1-6BBD-4C8A-8683-164AD65782C0.jpeg

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
The only thing is that the relay is not capable of the large current, you could replace the relay with a larger contact current, or use the board to power a slave relay.

Les1951

Joined Apr 6, 2021
The only thing is that the relay is not capable of the large current, you could replace the relay with a larger contact current, or use the board to power a slave relay.
Thanks Dodgy
I thought that would be necessary do you think that any other components will need changing?
Thanks again for taking the time to reply

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
You shouldn't need to change anything on the board, it looks like a 555 timer chip driving the relay, these will give upto 200mA .

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
You might even be able to locate a relay with a higher current rating that fits the same hole pattern on the board. But since the relay only offers 2 connections you will need another relay anyway.