Advice on Synchronous Buck Boost

daviddawe1982

Joined Dec 31, 2016
Hello,
I have been designing a solar / wind controller for my house and have what I believe a pretty good schematic drawn up. But I am honestly an amateur hack and would really appreciate if some more knowledgeable people could have a look over it and give me a few pointers.
Main Specs are,
Arduino controlled pwms running at 20 kHz.
Input voltage range from 30 to 200(200 been mosfet max). wide range mainly due to wind turbine.
output voltage 68v.
Output current I would like to top out at around 20A absolute max.
The current design has temperature controlled fans.
There will be a blocking diode after the board to separate the output voltage and the battery bank voltage sensors.

Attachments

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
Welcome to AAC.
I don't see how the bootstrapping of the IR2104 ICs will work without the VS pins of the ICs being periodically toggled.
Output current I would like to top out at around 20A absolute max.
How will the A7 signal be used by the Arduino to achieve this?

Edit: Don't you have pins 4 and 5 of the AC5758 current-sense IC transposed?

Last edited:

daviddawe1982

Joined Dec 31, 2016
The IR2104's I am not completely confident with and what you see is what I came up with from the data sheet and some examples I found.
A7 is just for reference as my battery bank can handle what this controller can output.
I will look into the AC5758.
I have been thinking of using a stm32 mcu as the arduino is maxed out at this point and I could then control the mosfets from the mcu directly up to 1mhz should not be a problem. Do you think that would be the better way to go?
Thanks for having a look.

daviddawe1982

Joined Dec 31, 2016
Ok Alec_t I have fixed the bootstrapping and have also swapped out the drivers for NCP5104DR2G's only because thay where half the price with more drive current. I have also jumped to the STM32F103RC8T6 as the arduino was just at its limits and I added in a MAX11604EEE adc just to keep the stm pins free.
A switch for a ssr has also been added for a dump load .
Next I will add some regulation to Battery1(12) or Battery2(24) net because the NCP5104DR2G's are now using that for power.

Attachments

borrelan

Joined Jul 23, 2018
Ok Alec_t I have fixed the bootstrapping and have also swapped out the drivers for NCP5104DR2G's only because thay where half the price with more drive current. I have also jumped to the STM32F103RC8T6 as the arduino was just at its limits and I added in a MAX11604EEE adc just to keep the stm pins free.
A switch for a ssr has also been added for a dump load .
Next I will add some regulation to Battery1(12) or Battery2(24) net because the NCP5104DR2G's are now using that for power.
I really like your design and was hoping to reach out and see how the build went and if you would be interested in sharing your latest design.