Advice for construct hardware based inverter using IGBT

Shriom Maurya

Joined Jan 19, 2019
Hi, I am currently working on building inverter of rating approx. 5-8kw. I am beginner in practical field.so could you suggest me IGBT and its protection related information.and which points are considering while creating the inverter based on the IGBT. I take stm32f4 for PWM formation and general optocoupler IC 6n136 for making gate driver for creating 15v pulse to trigger gate driver.I have two option for IGBT module semicron SKM 22GD 123D rating 1.2kv voltage and current 25A and another option Mitshubishi CN100TX 24S1 having rating 1.2kv voltage and 100A current.and on software based I used matlab. and I just try to trigger IGBT through SPWM techniques. and using MATLAB soft. for programming.

My question is that...
1. could you give me information related hardware based and software based dead time generation for IGBT triggering.
2. IGBT protection related information and snubber circuit formation calculation.
3. Criteria for hardware based to connect to the grid like filter rating selection.

Attachments

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
Criteria for hardware based to connect to the grid
Have you checked if connection of an amateur-built inverter to the grid is legal in your country? Grid-tie equipment would have to be officially approved by your electricity supplier.
What PWM switching frequency are you planning to use?
Be advised that building a 5-8kW inverter would be challenging even for an experienced person. Hopefully you haven't bitten off more than you can chew.

Shriom Maurya

Joined Jan 19, 2019
Have you checked if connection of an amateur-built inverter to the grid is legal in your country? Grid-tie equipment would have to be officially approved by your electricity supplier.
What PWM switching frequency are you planning to use?
Be advised that building a 5-8kW inverter would be challenging even for an experienced person. Hopefully you haven't bitten off more than you can chew.
Thanks, for reply. I want adaptive control for academic purpose and switching frequency is around 3.3kHz.