ADuM4223 Full Bridge Inverter for SSTC

LilCurry

Joined Aug 10, 2017
Hello!
I apologize in advance if this is the wrong forum to post this in but I recently started building my first Solid State Tesla Coil and I needed some help with the inverter circuitry. Being I chose to use GreatScott's circuit that he provides on his instructables page here: http://www.instructables.com/id/Make-Your-Own-Tesla-Coil/
I chose this schematic over some of the better known because it used isolated half-bridge driver ic's instead of of gate drive transfromers (GDT) and i just thought that was kinda interesting. While this circuit works quite well at lower voltages, the ir2184 half-bridge drivers, which are only rated to 600V, kept burning out at higher voltages, i.e. rectified mains. With my very limited knowledge, i assumed that this was because of the occasional voltage spike (this is probably incorrect and if anyone has any better guesses please let me know) . Anyway, after a couple of burnt ic's, I decided to continue avoiding GDTs and switch to the ADuM4223 half-bridge driver which was rated to up to 5kV of isolation. Datasheet here: http://www.analog.com/media/en/technical-documentation/data-sheets/ADuM3223_4223.pdf
After doing some research about the application of the ADuM4223, I drew up this schematic (attached as a pdf) which is almost exactly the same schematic that I used with the ir2184s but simply adapted to suit the new driver ic's (i changed some of the pin names from the datasheet to make it easier for me to understand but the pin numbers are the same) So, my reason for creating this thread is to ask if anyone can confirm that the circuit I drew makes sense with the new half-bridge driver chips in a full-bridge inverter circuit or give any advice on how to improve it and avoid future failures.
P.S. Sorry for my ignorance in this area. I simply have an interest in electronics and Im still learning how everything works :) Thanks for putting up with me

Attachments