Add on type ELCB (Earth Leakage Circuit Breaker) does not turn ON

Romie77

Joined Jan 4, 2020
Hi,
I had buy one MCB and add on type ELCB. Then connect both of them.
I had not connected any wiring to MCB and ELCB till now.
1)The problem is whenever I tried to push the switch up(turn ON), switch automatically comes downward (trip like condition).WHY?

2)Then I applied 230V wires to it. Still problem remians same. Whever I push switch up(turn ON), switch automatically comes down. WHY?

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Hi,
I had buy one MCB and add on type ELCB. Then connect both of them.
I had not connected any wiring to MCB and ELCB till now.
1)The problem is whenever I tried to push the switch up(turn ON), switch automatically comes downward (trip like condition).WHY?

2)Then I applied 230V wires to it. Still problem remians same. Whever I push switch up(turn ON), switch automatically comes down. WHY?
What's an MCB and an ELCB? Do you have model numbers, pictures, anything to help us understand your problem?

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
MCB = Miniature Circuit Breaker, ELCB = Earth Leakage Circuit Breaker
Well even I can diagnose that. The load on the circuit exceeds the rated limits of the breaker. Try turning things off, unplugging, etc. to remove all loads.

Without a lot more information, that's as much as anyone can say. Describe (or show a picture of) your wiring. What are you trying to do?

Romie77

Joined Jan 4, 2020
Well even I can diagnose that. The load on the circuit exceeds the rated limits of the breaker. Try turning things off, unplugging, etc. to remove all loads.

Without a lot more information, that's as much as anyone can say. Describe (or show a picture of) your wiring. What are you trying to do?

Romie77

Joined Jan 4, 2020

Attachments

LesJones

Joined Jan 8, 2017
You have not defined the problem. When you say "switch" do you mean the MCB or ELCB. The two devices trip out for different reasons.

Les.

LesJones

Joined Jan 8, 2017
Can you post a schematic of how you have connected the MCB and ELCB and a picture of the distribution board that you have installed them in ? Also what is the nature of the load that is connected to them ? As electrical standards vary from country to country letting us know which country you are in would help as someone with knowledge of the standards in your country would be in a better position to help.

Les.

Romie77

Joined Jan 4, 2020
Thanks to all active members for posting their suggestions on which I had worked.
Please keep the same helping attitude in future also.
I faced some problem while posting reply and attachments so there is some repeatition of post, hope you people dont mind it.