adaptor for 6v book reader?

guffaw

Joined Mar 26, 2005
Hi,

I have a book reader that uses 4 AAA batteries. It has a label 6v if I don't like to use batteries. Can I only use an adaptor that has 6v label on it? We have adaptors that have labels 12v and 3.3v. Can I use any of these?

Pardon me as I really don't have any knowledge of this :-(.

I would really appreciate your help.

Firestorm

Joined Jan 24, 2005
3.3v probably wont run it so you can scratch that 1...as for the 12v...
it will work put will require some modification to it but nothing to major.

Another way to achieve 6v is to make your own adapter. All you need is a 6v transformer and a bridge rectifier (4 diodes) and a capacitor and you have 6v. Once you decide which way you want to do this, we can draw you up a circuit and the parts you will need...thx l8er

-fire

Originally posted by guffaw@Mar 26 2005, 08:48 PM
Hi,

I have a book reader that uses 4 AAA batteries. It has a label 6v if I don't like to use batteries. Can I only use an adaptor that has 6v label on it? We have adaptors that have labels 12v and 3.3v. Can I use any of these?

Pardon me as I really don't have any knowledge of this :-(.

I would really appreciate your help.
[post=6408]Quoted post[/post]​

definitely none will work..., u need to design 6v for urself..,or devise a way to get 6v frm a 12v supply.., thts not recomeneded as u waste power by introducing resistors in the circuit..,

So go ahead.,and try design ur supply.., do test it on something else first.., rather thn ur reader., must be costly..,

Cya

mozikluv

Joined Jan 22, 2004
hi

since you alreadey have the wall transformer you can use the 12vdc output and regulate down to 6v by using LM7806. the circuit is very simple to build without using a pcb. :)