AD7731 help

amour33

Joined Mar 2, 2009
Hi everyone! I have a biomedical intrumentation project. I collected some data frombody and nowadays I m trying to digitize my collected analog signals with a suitible ADC. So I've chosen AD's AD7731 EVAL. But, unfortunatelly I do not have any experience about working with such this ADCs. Well, is there anybody who can share his experience with me?
Thank you so much!

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
What is the nature of your data and the way it is now recorded? How fast does the signal change? Do you need 24 bits of resolution? What will control the A to D and absorb the data stream?

amour33

Joined Mar 2, 2009
thank you for yoru response!
well, my analog data is EMG signals which are collected from vertebrae bone's muscles. These are low amplitude signals. I amplified these signals and used filters to eliminate unwanted signals. Now, I need to digitize and transfer data via RS232 or another interface. My EMG signals are in 10 Hz-500 Hz band. BW is 490 Hz. I think 1kHz sampling rate is enough for my application. My problem is "non-experience" with ADCs. Beyond this delta-sigma Ad7731 ADCs. I just want to know what have I to do and which informations do i need to understand this ADC process!!! Thanks again!