Actuator Controller

jonathan6330

Joined Dec 1, 2021
What are the available relay or IC design that i can use for activating the actuator?
I have an input kind of like a digital switch that is able to provide 0V and 12V.
I tried to use a horn relay but it burnt the actuator as the switch took awhile to switch off.
Is there any momentary kind of relay or alternative solution that will allow me to turn on the actuator for 2seconds and then off until the switch is switched on again?
Thanks in advanced!

KeithWalker

Joined Jul 10, 2017
What are the available relay or IC design that i can use for activating the actuator?
I have an input kind of like a digital switch that is able to provide 0V and 12V.
I tried to use a horn relay but it burnt the actuator as the switch took awhile to switch off.
Is there any momentary kind of relay or alternative solution that will allow me to turn on the actuator for 2seconds and then off until the switch is switched on again?
Thanks in advanced!
What is "the actuator"? How much current is required to actuate it?
Look up "Time Switches". There are many different kinds available. Just make sure that the one you choose can handle the current required by your actuator.

jonathan6330

Joined Dec 1, 2021
What is "the actuator"? How much current is required to actuate it?
Look up "Time Switches". There are many different kinds available. Just make sure that the one you choose can handle the current required by your actuator.
931BAE08-1367-4969-8D44-0B6C742D853C.jpeg
It is rated at 2.5A. Sure! Will look up on time switches

LowQCab

Joined Nov 6, 2012
The important bit of information is the signal that is supposed to operate the Lock-Motor,
and its exact behavior, and expected end-result.
Is this a Car-Alarm / Automatic-Locks application ?