Acer Aspire ES1-431 Power LED

Aleksandr Gonzales

Joined Jan 15, 2016
Good day!

I have an Acer Aspire ES1-431 Laptop with low powered / fluctuating / turned off Power LED (Blue / Amber). The ideal scenario would be, whenever I turn on the laptop, the Power LED should remain turned on (Blue), and when it goes sleep, it blinks (Amber). However, after I received the laptop, the Power LED does not turn on, but the laptop is working fine. So I opened the laptop, and trace the LED with this schematic.

1.PNG

I have tested the PWR indicator LEDs continuity, its good. The resistance of the resistors is also good and within the specs. So I test it via Diode Mode, and the Amber lits, the blue not. The amber shows 1.5 on diode mode, while the blue 0.5 something. I tried to resolder the LED, and it also shows 1.5 on diode mode. And it turns on now. The problem is that after I have turned off the laptop for something like 5-8 hours, when I turn on again, the blue light (PWR indicator) fluctuates like it is loosing power again, and sometimes, it just off. So I resolder again, and its okay now. Then after again, its fluctuating. Are there anything I should look into? Thank you so much!

Aleksandr Gonzales

Joined Jan 15, 2016