AC single phase (240V) motor - winch wiring

Tunin

Joined Dec 28, 2019
Hi guys, new here, been searching the net for answers, bought a used motorized winch that someone disassembled. i’ve put the mechanicals back together but the AC motor mains cable and wired remote is bugging me.

AC single phase 240V (europe)

The mains cable has three wires, BROWN = phase (hot), BLUE = Neutral, yellow/green = ground
the motor has the, BROWN, BLACK AND GREEN coming from the windings and yellow/green connected to the body = ground.
the cable remote has BLUE, BROUND, BLACK, BLACK AND yellow/green= ground.

can someone please help me connect this back together so I don’t make a mistake.

thank you.

photo below:

Attachments

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Does the winch have a brake?
Normally there is another switching device used in conjunction with the hand P.B. unit, relay etc.
How many contacts in the hand unit switch sections?
Is there visible capacitor(s) at all?
Max.

LesJones

Joined Jan 8, 2017
Here is how my winch is wired.
Hoist wiring.jpg

DO NOT rely on the wire colours being the same on yours. The DPST switch in the top right hand corner is an emergency stop button on mine. I don't think there is one on yours. The centre off DPDT switch in the bottom right hand corner is the direction rocker button. the micro switch stops the motor when the hook reaches the top.
EDIT. I have just noticed Max's reply. On my winch the capacitor is located in the hand unit.

Les.

Tunin

Joined Dec 28, 2019
Does the winch have a brake?
Normally there is another switching device used in conjunction with the hand P.B. unit, relay etc.
How many contacts in the hand unit switch sections?
Is there visible capacitor(s) at all?
Max.
Thank you for your response, the motor is supposedly self braking. The wired remote is simple double throw, up and down.

no visible capacitors.

Tunin

Joined Dec 28, 2019
thank you, I will lok in to this, the capacitor could be located in the hand unit, did not open the hand unit.

will post more photos tomorrow.

thank guys.

Here is how my winch is wired.
View attachment 195498

DO NOT rely on the wire colours being the same on yours. The DPST switch in the top right hand corner is an emergency stop button on mine. I don't think there is one on yours. The centre off DPDT switch in the bottom right hand corner is the direction rocker button. the micro switch stops the motor when the hook reaches the top.
EDIT. I have just noticed Max's reply. On my winch the capacitor is located in the hand unit.

Les.

Retro39

Joined Sep 24, 2020
Hi guys, new here, been searching the net for answers, bought a used motorized winch that someone disassembled. i’ve put the mechanicals back together but the AC motor mains cable and wired remote is bugging me.

AC single phase 240V (europe)

The mains cable has three wires, BROWN = phase (hot), BLUE = Neutral, yellow/green = ground
the motor has the, BROWN, BLACK AND GREEN coming from the windings and yellow/green connected to the body = ground.
the cable remote has BLUE, BROUND, BLACK, BLACK AND yellow/green= ground.

can someone please help me connect this back together so I don’t make a mistake.

thank you.

photo below:
hi mate how did you get on I got the exact same problem with mine it ain't wired up and I can't seem to work it out can you help by any chance cheers.?