AC problem -breaker tripping

Subhashis Bag

Joined Aug 4, 2016
I hv a prob with my AC. Its a normal split ac. While starting its starting fine but while changing over to start capacitor to run capacitor mode its taking more current and breaker tripping off. insulation of compressor is ok

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Using a safe method, disconnect the start cap as soon as it comes up to full rpm.
If problem cured it is the start cap/Centrifugal sw, (or current relay if used).
If not, points to the run cap.
Max.

Subhashis Bag

Joined Aug 4, 2016
Using a safe method, disconnect the start cap as soon as it comes up to full rpm.
If problem cured it is the start cap/Centrifugal sw, (or current relay if used).
If not, points to the run cap.
Max.
i changed a new cap. but same prob? is there a problem with the compressor itself?
staring coil having ohm 3.5 and running 3 ohm

Subhashis Bag

Joined Aug 4, 2016
I
Which cap? start or run?
Run winding is always lower than start.
Did you disconnect the start cap as suggested?
Max.
I have a single capacitor which have a dual mode means it's has dual capacity inside. Capacitor is ok. Can you tell me after starting does any switch make/ break the circuit for the run and starting capacitor? Or both are in use while running.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
The centrifugal switch, if internal, opens after about 1/3 of the rotation speed.
Only the run cap is in circuit all the time usually, the alternative to this type of sw is a external current relay, which releases after the current decreases.
Max.

Subhashis Bag

Joined Aug 4, 2016
The centrifugal switch, if internal, opens after about 1/3 of the rotation speed.
Only the run cap is in circuit all the time usually, the alternative to this type of sw is a external current relay, which releases after the current decreases.
Max.
Is it necessary arrangements for a single phase motor ( external or internal arrangements). If the switch is faulty then is there a chance to take a heavy current?