Hi All
I'm very new to Power electronics so please be gentle...
I grasp that AC drives have 3 stages:
1) Rectifier
2) DC Link
3) Inverter
My questions:
1) I read that the job of the DC Link is to 'filter' the DC voltage before it enters the IGBTs. How does it do this?
2) Are the terms 'DC Link', 'DC Bus' and 'DC Choke link' interchangeable?
E.G do all 3 terms refer to the same thing/components?
Thanks in advance
I'm very new to Power electronics so please be gentle...
I grasp that AC drives have 3 stages:
1) Rectifier
2) DC Link
3) Inverter
My questions:
1) I read that the job of the DC Link is to 'filter' the DC voltage before it enters the IGBTs. How does it do this?
2) Are the terms 'DC Link', 'DC Bus' and 'DC Choke link' interchangeable?
E.G do all 3 terms refer to the same thing/components?
Thanks in advance