A reply to Dr./Killjoy PM

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I cannot get to a computer every day reliably, and typing is a major pain,you try typing flat on your back looking across the top of a keyboard.I have come to accept I will be like this for several years baring a miracale.It is a struggle not dropping into despair. I am getting better mentally(better = more aware). I read all the time(which helps).Talk about instant Karma I Let a friend who was staring at homelessness in the face move in(She is also trans.I also adopted her as my sister (this was two weeks before my stroke. Since then she has been my caretaker She makes sure I eat well Even if I'd rather not.Another friend has stepped forward and helps me into a wheel chair most days so I can get some exercise I can grab the kitchen sink with my good arm and stand at the sink for several minutes with help.If my bad leg ever comes back I will have some balance left. I am blessed in a real sense. If I can keep my sanity I'll. get through this. I am by by nature optimistic.

Last edited:

paulktreg

Joined Jun 2, 2008
Can you not rig a keyboard up above you to make things a little easier?

Good to hear you haven't given up.

I can't imagine how you're feeling at the moment and can only offer my best wishes for the future.

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
Good and hopeful news; glad to read that you are continually working toward bettering your situation.

Have you considered voice recognition?

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
My building days are done for a while my left arm an left leg are pretty useless. I can draw with a mouse/so I Can play and try to contribute.I am unable to breadboard long term. my electroncs is now theoritical. Bummer.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
As with my home life I will get by with help from friends I can write and speak, not everyone can after a stroke. I had a hemorrhagic stroke, I beat the odds big time 70% mortality rate is usual for this kind of brain injury.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
So what d ya'llthink should I have kept this private? I am a very open person.
Entirely your choice, Wendy. You get to weight the pros and cons of being however open you want to be and then get to decide. I must admit that I don't get the reference in the thread title -- I'm assuming it's in another thread that I've missed.

Glad to hear that you are hanging in there and fighting to make progress day by day.

Very good that you have some people physically close to you to help out and help you help yourself. Makes a HUGE difference.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Iwas responding to PM,and it was going to be a long reply/rant , so I cheated. Not everybody cares, but some do.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Iwas responding to PM,and it was going to be a long reply/rant , so I cheated. Not everybody cares, but some do.
Okay... but that leaves us in a position have having no clue what the context of the response is. Hopefully it at least helped you feel better to get something off your chest.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Okay... but that leaves us in a position have having no clue what the context of the response is. Hopefully it at least helped you feel better to get something off your chest.
It was a query into how I was doing. Like I said some people care some don't. I don't think I'm being conceited in talking about myself,I'm trying to stay asacitvas much as I can.

Last edited:

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Suggestion" speech to text into Notepad, then cut and paste into AAC.
I need all the help I can get with spellcheck, practcie over time will help. It is a theory at least.It also doesn't like Libra Office.

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011
have you tried dragon naturally speaking? It is the default software to try for patients who have mobility issues.

It is great to have an update from you. The recovery is long, but if you have the right frame of mind, it is amazing what our brain and body are capable of doing. It is truly a mental challange more than anything else.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
I need all the help I can get with spellcheck, practcie over time will help. It is a theory at least.It also doesn't like Libra Office.
I was going to say, "screw the spell check, I'm sure we can all figure out what you meant." It turns out that it will take you multiple posts to explain the context of your thread to some people.

Last edited:

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
I think the title is a bit misleading (see posts #12 and 13). Perhaps a change to something like, "An Update on my Recovery," would be less likely to mislead.

Anyone who has been on AAC knows Wendy meant no harm.

John
Or people can make an effort to read between the lines and assume they are entering the middle of a conversation and simply enjoy the rest of the exchange and participating where they can rather than being boorish and asking everyone to start over - after all, boorish people are somehow "entitled".