A problem about two-port network.

Feng Yu

Joined Jun 20, 2015

Circuit as the picture shows,with the independent current source generate current 2V1.
Need to find the admittance matrix Y.
{I1=Y11*V1+Y12*V2
I2=Y21*V1+Y22*V2

The Electrician

Joined Oct 9, 2007
Last edited by a moderator:

Feng Yu

Joined Jun 20, 2015

In a) case,set V1=0,
I2=-I1,V2=5*I2 ====>Y12=-1/5 and Y22=1/5
But in case b) V2=0,
I dont know if the indepen current generator still effect to the circuit,or it just be opened.
Please anyone help.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
In a) case,set V1=0,
I2=-I1,V2=5*I2 ====>Y12=-1/5 and Y22=1/5
But in case b) V2=0,
I dont know if the indepen current generator still effect to the circuit,or it just be opened.
Please anyone help.
It is NOT an independent current generator. You should have been through analyzing circuits that have dependent sources LONG before you got to two-port networks.

You simply have a circuit that has a voltage-controlled dependent current source. So set up the mesh and/or node equations that govern it.

Feng Yu

Joined Jun 20, 2015
It is NOT an independent current generator. You should have been through analyzing circuits that have dependent sources LONG before you got to two-port networks.

You simply have a circuit that has a voltage-controlled dependent current source. So set up the mesh and/or node equations that govern it.
My fault,its a voltage-controlled dependent current source.
But what I meas is I don't know if the 2V1 source provides the current to the node or it's opened.

Let me clear my question:

I1+I2=0
or
I1+I2+2V1=0
?

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
You have three currents coming into the top node.

Your first equation requires that the current coming out of the dependent current source be zero.

If that is the case, what does that require that V1 be?

If V1 is not zero, then (2 A/V)·V1 is not zero, right? If that's the case, then how can your first equation be valid?

Feng Yu

Joined Jun 20, 2015
You have three currents coming into the top node.

Your first equation requires that the current coming out of the dependent current source be zero.

If that is the case, what does that require that V1 be?

If V1 is not zero, then (2 A/V)·V1 is not zero, right? If that's the case, then how can your first equation be valid?
Thanks,I got it.
I confused with the wire rightside.