A note about trolling

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Again, no guff from you. I mean it. If you insist on going down this path there will be consequences.

Suggestion, let this go. If you respond in your typical manner it will be a 3 day ban, followed by a 7 day ban, then a permanent. I do not enjoy this, but I will do it.

Kindly explain these consequences, and what exactly am I facing them for? I dont mean to be rude but so far you have accused me of all kind of breaches and yet havnt managed to come up with any legit reason to threaten me.

I would have thought I was at least entitled to know what the consequences are seeing as I havnt actually done anything wrong

sailorjoe

Joined Jun 4, 2013
Wendy, abusers rarely admit that they are abusive, and they insist on playing word games in a pathetic attempt to justify their behavior, instead of admitting to a mistake and fixing their behavior. We have here a classic example. I respectfully suggest you stop playing the game, and apply whatever sanctions you have at your disposal.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
AG is an asset for the most part, he is smart and knows his stuff. He just can't stand folks from certain geo-locations, and did not hold back. While I did not want to, I felt I had to vote for the ban. I still miss him, though I have no idea what he would make of me. Probably nothing good, but I can live with that.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Trolls who get banned shouldn't feel bad. ETO will always welcome them.
That comment is completely inappropriate and unjustified. Much less, it is flatly wrong. The initiating troll in this matter was banned quite some time ago, as was BillyMayo before him. Remember, according to the lexicon of the Internet, a troll can be on both sides of the situation. If you recall, awhile back one party in this matter was greeted with all sort of troll cartoons for asking an apparently silly question.

@Hypatia's Protege Have you noticed the disruptive effect yet?

John

@Hypatia's Protege Have you noticed the disruptive effect yet?
Personally, I have witnessed no intentionally disruptive behaviour on the part of the individual in question! -- Note also that he has demonstrated earnest application, and, I might add, attained significant achievement (I draw your attention to this thread) -- Thus it seems that a patient, individually tailored, approach was/is the sole requirement in his case!:):):) --- I think I will never understand the attitude held by many (including, shamefully, some bona fide educators) that 'ignorance' of a subject should debar one from education thereon!?:confused::confused::confused:

With genuine respect
HP:)

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Ignore does not work. You still see the endless (and I need to be careful hear, want to add more but fear I will be banned) number of threads started by the forum member. You just don't see the content of the posts.

If mods want others to be more civil on commenting on the posts of others then they need to be more strict on enforcing those monopolizing the board with off topic posts.

I am all for following the rules of the forum. But of late I have really been getting annoyed as to how things have been going here.

There is a problem with trolls alright but your looking under the wrong bridge.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
Trolls who get banned shouldn't feel bad. ETO will always welcome them.
Sorry Brownout but have to disagree on this. Both RK and billymayo et al were both banned at ETO as trolls before taking roost here and being supported by moderators.

Good people are called 'trolls' when the real trolls are protected. But like it's been stated, "AAC is not a democracy."

Last edited:

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
Ignore works just fine for me.. <shrug>
I've used it a couple times so far now.. pavle and RRITESH
I don't see anything from them and don't see any posts they have started.. no skin off my back...

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
Ignore does not work. You still see the endless (and I need to be careful hear, want to add more but fear I will be banned) number of threads started by the forum member. You just don't see the content of the posts.

If mods want others to be more civil on commenting on the posts of others then they need to be more strict on enforcing those monopolizing the board with off topic posts.

I am all for following the rules of the forum. But of late I have really been getting annoyed as to how things have been going here.

There is a problem with trolls alright but your looking under the wrong bridge.
I don't think you are the only one who feels that way.

I see a lot certain peoples, including myself, what I can only see as benign comments just disappear on a regular basis yet others are allowed to be down right nasty day in and day out without so much as a second look which I think makes the moderating team here look extremely hypocritical when they say they are unbiased about who posts what and so on or that they are dealing with the problem.:(

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
I don't think you are the only one who feels that way.

I see a lot certain peoples, including myself, what I can only see as benign comments just disappear on a regular basis yet others are allowed to be down right nasty day in and day out without so much as a second look which I think makes the moderating team here look extremely hypocritical when they say they are unbiased about who posts what and so on or that they are dealing with the problem.:(
Had one of mine disappear this morning. It was in no way derogatory or hurtful. It was to the point and truthful. Yet it just disappeared.

I think the simple fix is to ban those that are abusing the forum. I think it is very obvious of who those people are yet they continue their behavior of abusing the forum.

That said I see how it is a very difficult job being a mod. Must be a really difficult job to keep the peace and all with no compensation.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Ignore works just fine for me.. <shrug>
I've used it a couple times so far now.. pavle and RRITESH
I don't see anything from them and don't see any posts they have started.. no skin off my back...

Look at that. It does work! I do not think it did before. Just blocked RRITESH. I just couldn't take it anymore. Maybe if everyone blocked users that abuse the forum then those users would just go away. Don't respond to any of their posts valid or not.

But it still does not change the fact there are a few polluting this forum, but at least now I don't have to see it.

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
That comment is completely inappropriate and unjustified.
I was a member there for years. I asked for my account to be locked and never went back because the site refused to enforce their own rules for rude and abusive behavior. I know what I'm talking about.

Last edited: