A fuse circuit design with CMOS

Rajesh Kumar Datta

Joined Oct 1, 2021
I am trying to think of a digital circuit with CMOS that can be used as a FUSE circuit. Like I have it connected to the circuit but later if I want I can use it like a fuse (Like for disconnecting any gate from the circuit). Is there any way to do it? The circuit should not be much complex.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Welcome to AAC!

What are your design requirements and constraints? Supply voltage, current, fixed/variable, component restrictions, etc.?

Rajesh Kumar Datta

Joined Oct 1, 2021
I have not think of the specific values yet. I want to connect this fuse between the wire connection of two gates. So that if I want to disconnect it later in my design I can disconnect (or say burn ) the wire with the use of that fuse circuit.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
I have not think of the specific values yet. I want to connect this fuse between the wire connection of two gates. So that if I want to disconnect it later in my design I can disconnect (or say burn ) the wire with the use of that fuse circuit.
Do you mean fuse, as in an over current protection device/circuit.

Or do you mean a switching/ selection or enable/disable circuit?

JWHassler

Joined Sep 25, 2013
Make the gate to be disabled a two-input something-or-other or a tri-state something-or-other and use the other input to disable it

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
A picture or a drawing will convey your intent more effectively than words. Ten posts and only a single idea. That should tell you something.

Post #9 suggests something like this. Is that what you have in mind?

1633134404843.png

Last edited:

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
"Fuse programmed logic " is so very obsolete that it is simply not used any more. Besides that, you have not mentioned if this would be a fuse inside an IC or mounted on a circuit board or inside of some assembly. That matters quite a bit.
There does still exist externally programmable logic, some devices can still be purchased. And there are EEproms of different sizes available.
But none of the available functions would be described in the manner of post #1.