A diode with T3 mark

ET200M

Joined Mar 1, 2015
Hi friends,
I can't find what is this diode. it has mark T3.
In diode mode test in forward bias dropped 0.5v and in reverse bias is open. I thought it's a Zener diode and I've placed a resistor in series and applied voltage up to 30 V across this series configuration, and measured the reverse diode voltage drop but, it didn't on. I mean the current was zero.
thanks for your help.

• Have you

Attachments

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
It is probably a low current power diode.Less than one amp forward current rating, no guess as to max reverse voltage rating. What is your intention for this device?

ET200M

Joined Mar 1, 2015
It is probably a low current power diode.Less than one amp forward current rating, no guess as to max reverse voltage rating. What is your intention for this device?
hi MisterBill2,
thanks for your attention. actually it was in my stuff. i just wanted to arrange it. do you know how I could find its datasheet?

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
OK, you found a data sheet, I am amazed because "T3" is not a model number I am familiar with.
The diode is listed as a germanium type, so it would be suitable for use as a detector diode in a crystal radio, and some other projects. It would not be useful as a power rectifier diode.

ET200M

Joined Mar 1, 2015
OK, you found a data sheet, I am amazed because "T3" is not a model number I am familiar with.
The diode is listed as a germanium type, so it would be suitable for use as a detector diode in a crystal radio, and some other projects. It would not be useful as a power rectifier diode.
Thanks friend:)

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Diode forward voltage is about 0.3V for germanium and 0.7V for silicon.
Thus 0.5V is a bit high for Ge.
The diode forward voltage is very dependent on the test condition, i.e. the forward current and temperature.
Try a test current of 1mA.

A test measurement on an I-V curve tracer will immediately show the difference between a Ge and Si diode.